15

Lemuel was reading a business email in his office when Suzy barged her way inside with a newspaper in hand.

She flagged before him, a page that reported his recent engagement with a picture of him proposing. The CEO, Men's Aura is Set to Tie The Knot it read. Then she started a tirade of complaints while she just listened to her, watching her complain.

"Am I not good enough for you? I thought we were an item. Now she comes into the picture from nowhere. Gosh. I just can't believe this. How did this happen. And just look at her. She doesn't even look as good as I do."

Suzy stopped there, her breath heaving with anger. Lemuel rose from his seat and approached her, seeing that she had stopped expressing herself, at least vocally.

"Are you done?" he asked coming to stand disturbingly close to her. It made her breath catch in her throat.

"I have always been good." She said and the fire had left her voice.

"Yet you simply cannot honor an agreement."

"I..."

He interrupted her by pulling her roughly against his chest, before swinging her around so that she was facing the wall but pressed tightly back against his chest. She gasped from the unexpected move and the newspaper dropped from her hands.

He reached for the hem of her skirt and pulled it up. Her breathing had immediately changed to one of lust as he smoothed his hand over her inner thigh and rested his palm firmly over the crotch of her panties, eventually cupping and squeezing her down there.

Her head fell helplessly into the crook of his neck.

"This is your contract." he told her as he rubbed between her legs, feeling her wetting up already. A moan escaped her lips and with his other hand, he rubbed her breasts.

"This is your contract." he repeated, moving her legs apart with his knee.

"Please." she begged uncontrollably, feeling him shifting her panties aside and plunging two firm fingers inside her. She cried out as he manipulated her body, pushing her closer to the wall and bending her over. She was already overcome with lust and rested her hands against the wall, remaining in position as he continued rubbing her sensitive parts.

His manhood was straining to be free as he reveled in her helpless moans but he decided that he'd just finish her off with his fingers. So he let his free fingers attack her clit while he continued thrusting into her and rubbing her breasts.

He could feel her tightening around his fingers and knew that she was close to release. When he gently bit her earlobe, she lost it and came with a cry that satisfied his ears. Then he pulled his fingers from her spasming pussy.

"This is your contract." he told her again, wiping his fingers with a handkerchief that he had retrieved from his inner suit pocket while she gathered her breath.

"You can leave now. I've thoroughly enjoyed your services. But given your recent behavior, I'm expecting your resignation letter."

When she heard that, the fear of losing her exorbitant pay set in and she began adjusting her ruffled dress.

"Please don't fire me."

"I warned you."

"Please."

Without response, he walked back to his table, opened a drawer and pulled out an envelope, which he handed to her.

"Open it."

She received the envelope and opened it, freezing at the picture that she saw which showed her kissing her secret boyfriend in a bar and she knew that it was from the night before.

"So much for being good huh? You see, I keep watch over my interests and it has always paid off."

"I was going to tell you." She said and he laughed.

"That's very cliché. I know you've been sleeping around even with some of the other employees. There was a time that I actually felt something for you though, till you killed it by proving yourself to be a slut."

"I will stop messing around I promise."

"You're wasting my time. Show yourself out."

Knowing that she was getting nowhere with him, she turned to go. At the door, she paused, afraid of losing her job.

"Can I keep my job? the...the official one?"

"I'll think about it. For now, you're suspended until further notice. Your assistant will assume your official role indefinitely."

She nodded, accepting her fate and exited, still hoping that he'll call her back soon. She couldn't understand how he could leave her for some plump girl. Physically, she was practically a model for god's sake. She figured that he would be bored with the girl in no distant time and then she would win his heart and be with him.

For Lemuel though, having dismissed Suzy from his office, he refocused his attention on the matter at hand. He was getting impatient with the formalities involved in having a wedding. He wanted that girl away from her safety zone as soon as possible, so that her drilling would begin.

He had already made preparations for his family to be present at the Reverend's home. They had cut short their vacation at a neighboring state and flown in the previous day. Even his friends had been informed and were prepared for his well, big day as they say.

He reflected briefly on his father, the man who had disowned him because he had refused to take on his business, opting for his own Instead.

He loved his father but he couldn't let himself be manipulated into killing his own dreams. It was how he had gotten the nickname bastard by his friends because emotional blackmail never worked with him. He could spot it miles away. That girl had used it when she was pinning her pregnancy on him and it maddened him.

As for his father, disowned or not, they had unfinished business which was about him ensuring that he played his fatherly role whenever he was getting married. And the time had come.

He knew that he was getting married for vengeful purposes but what did it matter? She defamed his character. The girl had to pay. He was who he was. She should have asked questions before inviting herself into his life.

She should have known that everyone seemed to have a name for him. To his father, he was a loose cannon. To his mother, a naked wire. And to his sister who was about a year younger than him, danger zone. And all these names referred to his temper. Good, it was clear, who he was. He hated pretense. His philosophy in life was that people should be clear about their purpose, likes and dislikes. That way, it would be easy for humans to relate with an understanding of who the other person was. His employees knew that about him. And it had helped keep down nonchalance in his business. There simply was no room for neglect, disguised as mistakes.

As for the girl, he could easily have ignored her and insisted on allowing science to prove his innocence concerning being the father of her unborn child. But when he looked at her in that office, surprised at the way she had accused him, employing emotional blackmail which he hated, complete with tears, all he could think about was making her pay for having the guts to defame his character. She would cry for real. His Nara. She would definitely cry. As a girl of faith, she should have listened to what the Holy Book said; Thou shall not bear false witness against thine neighbor.