Confessions

It was an ordinary day, well truthfully every day is ordinary, everything is ordinary. It's what you choose to focus on that makes something extraordinary.

So if you chose to ignore the revving engine outside Todd's apartment you could categorize this day as ordinary. Choosing to not ignore it, today was anything but ordinary. That engine meant one thing and one thing only.

And though he was promised that his possessions would be safe, he still felt knots in his stomach, bracing for impact.

He sat on the couch, waiting for that knock when he heard it. He got up to open the door and was met with not only his sister but 5 other people.

"Oh no, I said they stay outside," Todd said.

Vogel and Beast waved enthusiastically while the rest of them stood emotionless. Martin, Gripps, and Cross all despised him. And he felt he deserved it despite Amanda's insistence he has improved. "Oh come on! They just want to say 'Hi'." She said.

"Where Bibbit?!" Beast pushed the rest of them out of the way to get in Todd's face.

"Dirk?" He backed up and she followed, smiling, "I-uh-he's, he's not here. Just me, no Bibbit." He mouthed 'get her away from me!'

"Come' ere Beast," Martin waved his arm in, "Leave Drummer's brother alone." She reluctantly walked back to the group.

"Ok, you've said hi, now please... leave." His voice raised slightly at the end.

"See ya soon, Amanda." Martin hugged her and the rest of the group followed suit and then left.

"BYE DRUMMER'S BROTHER!" Vogel waved again and hopped off.

"So... how've you been?" He asked, motioning for her to come inside. She dropped off her backpack next to the couch and sat down.

"Good, you?"

"Good..." He sat down next to her.

"Good."

"Good."

A moment of silence hung in the air before Todd finally spoke. "Oh, this is ridiculous! I know, I messed up. I messed up real bad. But why did you want to come visit if you hadn't forgiven me?! I mean... we haven't sat down and talked in months, no calls, rare texts. Why visit me all of a sudden?

"What?"

"I'm sorry, Amanda. I really am. I've changed."

She chuckled, "I know that. That's why I'm here. I wanted to hopefully try again, let you try to fix things."

"Thank you." He hugged her.

"I'm sorry for not texting or calling."

"Don't blame yourself, I could have texted or called, it's both our faults... mainly mine."

"Ok," they separated, "Tell me everything about your latest case. Eight months, there has to be one."

"Actually, there haven't been any. It's really, really boring."

"Really?"

       "Really."

       "How's Farah?" She smiled and nudged him.

       "We broke up." He said nonchalantly.

       "What?! Why?" She had actually been secretly waiting for this, she had someone much better for her brother in mind.