10. Team Hebi

Once again, a chapter with no Sakura moments. Sorry guys!!!! I will try to include some in the next update!!

____________________________________________________________

To say team Hebi was weird would be an understatement.

Ever since he had grouped up with his new teammates, he started regretting his decision. Not just for how unfocused they were on their goals, but also the salient similarities they shared with team 7.

Suigetsu was, in so many aspects, like Naruto. Setting aside his murderous intentions, and the lack of drive to gain attention by constantly clashing with the raven-haired boy, Suigetsu's naturally cheerful and laid-back attitude bore a striking resemblance to his blonde friend. Though his blonde friend was much more welcoming and truly made Sasuke feel like he had a family.

Karin was so much like Sakura used to be, clingy, fangirly, but he felt different. Karin seemed like she had hidden intentions. Her demeanor changed in public, going from coy to rash in a matter of seconds. Her attempts of physical contact didn't go unnoticed by the Uchiha. Sakura used to be much... gentle. Though, her annoying personality could very well compete with Karin's, but it seemed genuine and innocent, with no hidden agendas and born out of genuine concern for him. She understood him, heard him out, respected him and encouraged him. He felt comfortable in her touch, as he grew accustomed to it over the course of time, later on, intentionally finding shelter in her arms when pain got the better of him. She was someone he could share his worries with, someone without a dark past, an untouched soul left unperturbed by the malicious kindlings of the shinobi world.

Jugo was his favourite out of the team. Mature, silent, understanding, like Kakashi used to be, a fatherly presence always rested within them, except for the orange-haired member's sudden murderous drives which was technically not his fault. Sasuke knew that if they had met under normal and easier circumstances, they would have been good friends.

But, no matter how much he needed their abilities, the team tired and annoyed him to no extent.
Although, Sasuke seemed to have closed off to a certain limit ever since his time with Orochimaru, his face more bland and expressionless than it had ever been. Even his ever-present scowl was wiped away, replaced with a confusing, pained calm as the bags under his eyes told.

He had sealed them off, all emotions he ever felt, except hatred.
_______________________________________

The team was out to search for Itachi. Setting out on their journey to reach the Uchiha's secret hideout where Sasuke had many bittersweet memories, their senses were sharpened to the utmost degrees.

The rising sun struck them, illuminating the green of the forest to give it a richer, fruitful hue, sounds of birds echoing in the air like a sharp alarm.

Titan trees stood proud above the lush green, a dusty pavement unkept for ages cutting its way through the wilderness. A few remnants of a civilisation lied around, rubbles with dust settling over them, a few still standing with scarce people, and dirty children with little or no clothes running around in cheerful voices.

The shops had almost nothing to sell, the raven noticed, countable food supplies and tools for ninjas which looked unkept and unusable.

"Itachi," a voice called out, weak and croaky, shrilling in the air as Sasuke whipped his face in its direction, "is that you?"

An old man with a dirty, faded, violet shirt and dusty white pajamas stood with his hands behind, eyes closed, wrinkles spread over his face.

Sasuke's face instantly developed into a more pressed form, teeth clenched, eyes narrowing in an almost murderous intent. Karin sensed this and shuddered, going tense under the feel of Sasuke's vicious Chakra.