9. Feelings for a girl

The raven stepped into the depths of the cold, damp cave. The meeting with his ex-comrades happened a few months ago, and he had already mastered his ultimate jutsu. The question was, 'Now what?'

For answers, he decided to reach out to Orochimaru. Maybe he had another jutsu or training method up his sleeve to teach him, without the usage of illegal drugs, which he was honestly fed up of. Ever since he joined up with the snake shinobi, he hadn't had a graceful meal, except for a few fruits which he happened to get when he was out on a mission for his teacher. Food pills, soldier pills and some medicines he didn't recognize fulfilled most of his appetite. Though, he didn't complain as long as his goal was met.

Reaching the door to the underground lab facility where Orochimaru along with the medic, Kabuto conducted experiments, he knocked. The silver-head ninja came out, with his medical gloves stained with a crimson substance, a few drops and stains of which were visible on his clothing and face.

"I want to speak to Orochimaru," Sasuke stated.
"Not now, Sasuke, you can't go in," Kabuto said, with a smile Sasuke didn't want to know the reason behind. Although, it was odd. Sasuke was allowed to meet up with Orochimaru even when he was busy with his experiments. He didn't mind the ugly sight in front of him, and only focused on the topics he intended to discuss, mostly about his training.

"Why?" He wanted know.
"Because the experiment today is a girl, Sasuke," Kabuto told him.
The raven shed a confused gaze on the medic. What did that have to do with the reason he was not allowed inside?

"So what?"
"Tsk, she is the same age as you. For the sake of respect, you can not see her," Kabuto replied.

"I don't care. I just have to talk to Orochimaru. And besides, aren't you guys there too?"

"Well, I am a medic and lord Orochimaru is used to it. Geez, Sasuke. Haven't you ever felt something towards a girl?"

"No," the raven instantly replied, though he didn't fail to acknowledge the flash of pink in his memories.

"Are you an as—" he was cut off before he could complete as the raven instantly spoke, "I don't care about things that have nothing to do with my mission."

"Well, aren't you an interesting one? What about the pinky?" Kabuto smirked, and he could swear he saw the crimson in his obsidian eyes before it faded away.

"I am not here for small talk, let me just—"

"Alright, you can go if you wish. However, I advise against it. You are a healthy, growing male and seeing something like that could hinder your training. Rest is up to you," Kabuto went inside. But Sasuke didn't. He couldn't help but think what his problem was.
He was used to seeing naked women — not like he was a playboy — with his blonde teammate's frequent usage of his sexy jutsu, but he never flinched, nor did he feel affected.

He was not asexual; he was sure of it. It's just his one-track-mind made him almost blind to anything trivial other than his goal. Although, he would be lying if he said he didn't feel conscious whenever his female teammate was in a close proximity. As Kabuto said, he was a healthy, teenage male after all. And, Sakura being the only female person with so much access to him — except for Naruto with his absurd jutsu — he kept his distance to avoid any accidents.

As he thought, images of Ino sticking close to him flashed in his mind, along with the fact that he felt nothing when that happened but annoyance. Annoyance was common with the pinkette too, but it was more of the embarrassing kind. He knew how much he treasured her back then, but he never noticed her. Not physically. As far as he remembered, her pink hairs were too bright, her body was fragile and sloppy, and nothing was so good. During his last encounter, he noticed that her hairs were more dull and her muscles were perfectly toned, her eyes fired up with a determination he had never seen. That was the limit of his physical observation on the pinkette.

He was a little proud, on seeing her becoming this strong but disappointed, on seeing her still stuck up on him. He miserably failed to make her hate him. The only girl he ever cared about was intent on to not giving up on him. It would have made him happy, if not for the path ahead of him and his decision to not involve her.

He shed one last glace at the entrance of the lab. Seeing another girl would not be much of a big deal, as he was completely sure he wouldn't feel a thing, even ignore her completely. But it would certainly be a disrespect, not only to the dying girl but someone's feelings. Finally deciding, he retraced his steps back to his room. He had received his last lesson from this place.
The next day, the snake sannin along with two Akatsuki members were no more. Three shinobis connected by the thread of fate were more than determined to fulfil their goals.

_____________________________________________________________________

A short chapter before the new arc. I am sorry there was no Sakura here but it was to explain a little how Sasuke's feelings towards Sakura were different from the other girls and how much he respects her for loving him. 

Have a great day!!