4. Land of flowers- Part III

Upon reaching the place the person they call 'boss' might be hiding, Sasuke looked around. What was he going to do once inside? He was as reckless as Naruto once it came to showing off his strength but it was not just a game of strength anymore. Lives were on the line and not only his but his comrade's too. For once he wished Kakashi would have been here, he might have been able to do something instead of being forced to follow orders quietly.

They went inside a dark and damp hideout, as a small flicker of light caught his eyes.

"Behave." The ninja behind him pushed his back, and he swore under his breath.

Once he freed Sakura, these guys would be dead meat.

He caught a glance of an unconscious Sakura, with her limbs tied up. Behind her, the raven caught the smaller of the two shinobis who attacked them with another unfamilar man.

Their client...

Sasuke was pushed forward as he fell on his knees.

"Welcome Sasuke Uchiha. I am Zoro, pleased to meet you." The man appeared in front of him, draped in a brown poncho.

"What the hell do you want?" Sasuke growled. 

"You see, I am really fond of great powers. And your bloodline trait, the Sharingan being one interests me."

"So you're after my eyes. What has it to do with the girl?"

"It has got nothing to do with her. It was just a trap to lure you in. And it worked. "

"As if. I am going to save Sakura and beat the shit out of you." Sasuke smirked at the man whose own lips curved into a smile.

"Ho ho. Is that so? Then what about this?" He held a crystal in his hand, as he brought it close to Sasuke.

"What's that?" He narrowed his eyes.

"It's  a crystal. The girl over there, her memories are sealed in this. That's my jutsu. I can seal anything in the crystals I make. Even your Sharingan powers." He smirked, "You move a step and I will crush this crystal. Your precious friend will forget everything. Her name, her family, her language, her friends, and you." His evil glare pierced Sasuke's shocked ones as he trembled.

"Sakura will.. lose her memories..?" Sasuke's words fumbled.

"Yes. So let me make this quick. I preferred your brother's but he is out of my league. While you," he laughed, "you are a lot weaker than I expected."

Sasuke glared at the man when his ears heard the name. Itachi. His sworn enemy. Once again he realised how weak he was, and how weak his hatred was. Itachi's name sent a surge of hatred through his body and then there was Sakura. If he did anything, he would be responsible for putting his comrade into danger. If she lost her memories, she would forget everything. She would not speak, not cling to him, not even call his name, not even know who he was. She would be an empty canvas, and maybe, it would be good. She would be less annoying then. 

His heart ached at the thought. Hatred for this man, or Sakura's memories, which of them was more important?

"You know, it's better if she loses her memories. She is a beautiful one. Maybe, I will play with her for a bit." Zoro's lips curved up as Sasuke's onyx eyes fades into a shade of red. Zoro stretched his hands towards Sakura.

"Don't. You. Dare. Touch. Her." Sasuke growled as a cloud of smoke appeared near Zoro revealing a shade of orange, yellow and blue. 

"Arghh, damn it. Sakura, now!" Naruto said as he kicked Zoro away and went for one of the two shinobis.