#18 Room 303

Naruto and Hinata smiled at each other as they walked towards the old academy in Konoha. Their permission slips had told them that they were to report to room 303, to enter the exams. Holding hands they entered the building and walked towards the staircase.

They had heard the commotion as soon as they entered and advancing to the second story they saw a large group of kids standing in front of a door that had 303 written on it. However the number 303 actually held two important messages. The first being that the room is located on the third floor, which is indicated by the rooms on that floor having numbers in the 300's. The second is that the room was the third room on the floor. The staircase was located on the far end of the academy so that you exited it into a long corridor of rooms. The room the group of genin had piled up before was the first one if you counted from the staircase. Hinata and Naruto also had counted the flights they had climbed and thus knew that they were at the second story. Looking closely they saw the small genjutsu that was placed on the door behind the two teens, blocking the door.

Shaking their heads Hinata and Naruto went back to the staircase and climbed up another flight, finding a much quieter corridor. A single person sat in front of the actual room 303, list in hand. He looked at the two young teens with a smile on his face.

"I'm sorry, I can't accept that until all members of your team are here." He said as Naruto held out the two slips for Hinata and himself. Chuckling Hinata revealed that they were a two person team, causing the chunin to blush slightly before he went through his list, indeed finding the team from Iwa to only have two shinobi signed up. Nodding profusely he took the papers and opened the door for the pair.

Inside the room everyone turned to look at the two newcomers. Naruto immediately noticed the team from the sound as well as their friends from the sand.

Going over to the team of siblings the five engaged in a bit of whispered smalltalk until the door opened again, catching everyone's attention. The group that walked in, didn't even realize the attention they had as the group of nine continued to loudly bicker amongst themselves, mostly the brown haired Inuzuka, the blonde girl with the purple outfit and the Haruno. That is until someone walked up to them. Hinata and Naruto immediately recognized the person as one of Orochimaru's closest helpers, although he was posing as a genin of Konoha at the moment. Kabuto Yakushi, told the group of nine that he took these exams for the seventh time and had information on everyone.

Immediately Sasuke demanded to see Information on Gaara, Lee, Naruto and Hinata. Neji perked up at the mention of his cousin's name and looked around, causing his eyes to widen as he saw the former Hyuuga heir standing there. His eyes looked hurt as he turned away, causing Hinata to frown. "We will talk with him later." Naruto whispered as they listened to what Kabuto had to say about Gaara and Lee. Nothing that was too surprising, although it was interesting to know that Lee couldn't use any chakra. Then came the interesting part; Kabuto took out two more of his information cards and again performed his jutsu. Looking at his cards his eyes went wide. "Naruto Uzumaki and Hinata Hyuuga, better known as the 'Rogue Lion Pair'. They originally come from Konoha, but have apparently left the village. After four years of not siding with any village they have come to be shinobi of Iwagakure. While being on the loose the two apparently have done a lot of missions for almost every major village with the exception of Konoha. Each mission of them being a success, only a minimal number of the missions have had casualties. And that is only the things that we know of, their involvement is suspected in over thirty sabotage acts where no sign of the attacker was ever found." Kabuto told, before looking at the two shinobi in question. Smiling Naruto and Hinata looked around, seeing many terrified faces.

"Pfft, as if these two are that strong, I bet we could easily beat them, they couldn't even find a third team member that wanted to fight with them." Kiba stated, looking at the pair with challenging eyes. Instead Kabuto suddenly turned and faced a fake punch from one of the sound shinobi. The arm with the gauntlet stopped in front of his face and still he went down. Looking at the arm closely Hinata suspected some kind of sound wave, causing it. The growing group began screaming at each other and it looked like they were about to fight. That is when there was a big explosion in the front of the classroom. Everyone went quiet before the proctor of the exam walked out of the smoke cloud.

"There will be no fighting in this room! Everyone that is fighting will be eliminated from the exams!" He bellowed, looking at the genin in front of him. Everyone stayed silent, the sound shinobi lowered his arm and silently walked back to his team.

"Alright, listen up. I am Ibiki Morino the proctor for the first part of the exams. Everyone has been given a number as they entered this room. Find the seat to your number and wait for further instructions." The black clad man said with so much authority that no one dared to even say anything.

After about five minutes of silent shuffling everyone had found their seats. Naruto and Hinata were sitting on opposite ends of the classroom. Ibiki looked around and gave his assistants a signal.

"This is a test. You have an hour to complete it. If you get caught cheating, you lose. If you are not done by the end of the hour you lose. If you lose you and your team are eliminated." He explained as his assistants went through the lines and handed out the test papers. When everyone had the papers Ibiki started a clock and they turned the test around. Naruto immediately realized the point of the test, since there was a shinobi next to him that had not been in the room before the proctor arrived, the questions were way too advanced for the normal genin to answer and the person next to him was already scribbling the answers down on his paper. Shaking his head, he answered the questions, using a small, almost undetectable, genjutsu to make it appear as if he was facing his paper when he in reality was looking at the genin next to him.

Hinata had come to the same conclusion although she used her Byakugan to see the answers of the nearest planted shinobi, while she kept her head lowered to appear as if she was looking at her test.