#42 Combat

Hinata and Naruto watched as the genin circled the stone formation, looking out for any attackers that might try to reach the capture point. Smiling the pair walked out of the treeline they had been hiding, immediately drawing the attention of the three girls. Taking out their weapons the two jonin continued walking towards the group and their target as Ryujin and Yeji moved to block their paths with Lia hanging back to support them wherever possible.

For a few moments they stared at each other, neither moving before a crash could be heard and Yeji smiled.

Lia took out a kunai and quickly threw it at the Naruto clone that had tried to sneak its way to the top of the stone formation. The clone saw the kunai too late, still dazed and confused how he was blocked from reaching his target, getting hit square in the chest and vanishing in a puff of smoke.

"Let's do this for real." Yeji suggested, twirling her senbon before launching them at Hinata. The Hyuuga quickly blocked the attack with her daggers, as Naruto moved in to attack the pair of genin. His first slash was blocked by Ryujin's kunai. He had to jump over the slash from her other kunai, jumping right into the path of a few senbons that Yeji had thrown when she had seen where he would land. Blocking them with his short sword Naruto used his free hand to take out a kunai and threw it at Ryujin who was busy blocking kunai from Hinata. Yeji saw the attack, but was too slow to react and her sister was too focused on blocking the barrage of kunai their purple haired sensei was throwing at them to notice the weapon flying towards her. Naruto watched as the kunai made its way towards the unsuspecting girl as a clang was heard and the kunai fell to the ground. Lia's hand was still outstretched as she had thrown the senbon that had stopped Naruto's kunai from reaching her teammate. Meanwhile Ryujin did not lose focus as she continued to parry the kunai Hinata threw at her. Naruto on the other hand was a bit surprised by the blind trust the team had between each other, for Ryujin to not even spare the blocked kunai a glance. This made him lose focus and he had to jump away again as a few senbon flew at him, courtesy of Yeji.

Landing next to his girlfriend again, the pair started to weave through hand signs, finishing as the three genins jumped a bit back to give themselves some space to react to whatever jutsu their senseis would cast.

However they were not prepared to see a giant dragon made out of water rise between the pair. Reacting quickly though, Ryujin stepped forward flashing through her own hand signs and slamming her hands on the ground, causing a large wall of dirt to come out of the ground in front of her. They heard the dragon roar as it descended on the position of the squad. Ryujin's wall seemed to stand the test of strength at first, however the three girls had to jump away as they saw cracks appear shortly before the defensive structure collapsed in on itself.

Landing directly in front of the stone formation they saw the dragon crash through the wall, little pockets of wind running along the surface of the water. The Water dissipated again as the dragon crashed into the ground.

Naruto and Hinata stepped through the rubble, watching as the shock slowly faded from the genin's faces.

The genin looked at each other, as they saw Naruto throw a set of kunai at them. Ryujin reacted quickly, throwing her own kunai intercepting the attack. Her teammates raised their respective weapons as the brawler took out a set of senbon having run out of kunai.

The five shinobi stared each other down, before Hinata moved and all hell broke loose.

Hinata had moved to the side, throwing a pair of kunai at Yeji on her way as Naruto stepped forward wanting to engage Ryujin to distract her and maybe even Lia from the attacking Hyuuga. However as soon as he got closer to his target he felt chakra spike from the treeline around them. Instinctively he jumped back as a barrage of kunai and senbon whizzed past him and towards Hinata.

Hinata meanwhile was continuing to throw kunai at Yeji, who blocked them with a pair of senbon. She felt the chakra traps trigger, but didn't think too much of it until she heard Lia call out to her.

"Hinata!" Was the only scream that was heard, coming from two girls as Yeji realized what happened and Hinata looked to the side to see what they were screaming about.

Naruto realized that Hinata was not at all prepared for something like that and that she would not be able to dodge the projectiles in time so he frowned slightly as he focused his chakra.

A flash cut through the training ground as the kunai flew past the point where Hinata had been standing.

"You know, I would have been able to block them." Hinata said, as she unravelled herself from Naruto's embrace. The blonde just raised a brow at that statement.

"Alright, yeah I probably couldn't have blocked all of them. I just didn't want to lose this test." Hinata admitted with a giggle, giving her boyfriend a quick peck on the cheek.

"Congratulations, you won." Hinata exclaimed after the two jonin had walked back to the trio. Still being on guard the genin slightly raised their weapons expecting a diversion and an attack to come at any moment.

"Don't worry, the test is over. Hinata and I had made it a secret rule that if you could get me to use the hiraishin or her the Byakugan, that you would win, since it would mean that you had driven us far enough that we had to resort to techniques that are far over the requirements for chunin." Naruto explained, causing the genin to lower their weapons with a smile.

"Deactivate the rest of your traps and then we can talk." Hinata instructed as the girls walked towards them.

"The kunai barrage was our last resort. We didn't have enough time to set up more traps." Yeji admitted with a sheepish grin on her lips.

"Well anyways, again congratulations for passing this test. Your time doesn't matter, since it was the last test we had set up for you guys. You are more than ready for anything they could throw at you in your exams." Hinata praised earning beaming smiles from the three girls in front of them.

"Now, what do you say we go and get something to eat, so you guys can rest well for tomorrow?" Naruto suggested.

Everyone agreed to that and so the group of five went off to find a restaurant.