#14 Heading Back

"What do you mean, we have to go back? We are still banished from the land of fire, especially Konoha." Hinata said furious. They had been given three days where they had gotten to know the village and a few of their fellow shinobi. Currently Naruto and his girlfriend were back in the Tsuchikage's office and were talking to Onoki about the test he wanted them to take.

"Well, the banishment is no problem. I already wrote to the Hokage, telling him that I have a team that wants to participate in their exams and that they would need a pass to even enter the land of fire. Also I can understand your frustration but this way, anyone who doubts you can just watch the exams and see why I recommended you for Jonin despite your age." Onoki explained. Hinata sighed and nodded, understanding the points he made. "When do we leave?" Naruto asked, as he took Hinata's hand into his.

"Earlier today I received confirmation from Hiruzen Sarutobi that I can sign you up for the exams even though you are only a duo instead of the usual trio, along with the passes that allow you safe passage in the land of fire. The exams start in two weeks and I don't know how long you need to get to Konoha. I won't give you a timetable, but I expect you to enter the exams. I will watch the last part of the exams and I want to see you perform there. I have high hopes for you two." The Tsuchikage said, smiling at the pair, while handing them their passes and the paper that they needed to enter the exams. "You are dismissed."

When the pair had left, Onoki went back to his paperwork.

"What do you think, when do we need to leave?" Hinata asked as they walked back to their flat.

"Honestly, I have no idea. I would say that we just leave tomorrow. That way, we have more than enough time." She suggested. "Yeah, sounds good. I was thinking about reviving fox and lion," Hinata looked at her boyfriend with questioning eyes. "I know we wanted to stop, but I think it would be fun to go through Konoha and see the faces of everyone, when they realise who we are." Naruto explained, as they entered their home.

"I don't know, I mean I am proud of what we have accomplished as those two, but I don't think that it would be wise to let everyone know." Hinata argued. The two went to their bedroom and went through their cabinets, looking through various sealing scrolls debating what they would take with them for the exams while still talking about their alter egos.

"Have fun at the exams and remember; I will be watching the third round so don't you die before that." Onoki said, as Naruto and Hinata stepped out of Iwa's gates. The two smiled back at him and nodded their goodbyes before jumping off into the trees heading straight for the land of fire.

They had decided that they would revive the feared rogue shinobi so that nobody would attack them on their way to their former village. It worked as a few bandit groups saw the masks they wore and immediately retreated and let them pass.

Currently the pair stood in front of Konoha's gates putting away their mask and readying themselves for the many questions they would be asked.

"You ready?" Hinata asked as she looked at her boyfriend's worried face. "No, but let's do this." He replied, taking her hand as they walked up to the gates.

Surprisingly the two guards were asleep as Naruto and Hinata passed their small post. The Anbu were on high alert, though and a squad dropped down around them, weapons drawn. "You are banished, you are not allowed to enter this land. You are hereby in our custody." one of the Anbu said. Naruto smiled at them and took out the paper that the Hokage had sent them, presenting it to the Anbu, who eyed it suspiciously. "Seems to be real. But we will bring you to our Kage to verify it directly." The obvious squad leader said as he turned around and walked towards the Hokage tower, expecting the two kids to follow him.

"Yeah, I send these papers. You can leave now, I want to talk with these two, but they are no threat to me." Hiruzen Sarutobi said, causing the Anbu to leave.

"So tell me, how did you two end up in Iwa?" he asked, after Naruto and Hinata had sat down in front of his desk. "Can we get my father here, I think he will like seeing us again." Hinata asked, before her boyfriend could begin explaining their situation. Hiruzen nodded and waved his hands. One of the Anbu that stood in the shadows of his office immediately took off. Five minutes later there was a knock on the door and Hiashi entered.

Naruto couldn't stop a laugh escaping his lips as the Hyuuga clan head stopped in his tracks, realizing who stood in front of him. Hinata just went to him and enveloped him in a hug, trying to get him out of his stupor. "Surprise," she whispered, smiling at her father.

After a few moments Hiashi finally got his senses back and smiled at his daughter and her boyfriend. "What are you doing here?" He asked as he went to shake Naruto's hand.

"Well, we are here for the chunin exams of course." Naruto said, earning an even more shocked look from Hiashi. "Wait, you are not coming back to Konoha are you?" He asked with a little bit of hope in his voice. "No, I'm sorry, but we have found a place in Iwa and we have to show what we are capable of, before we are allowed to be promoted from genin." The blonde boy said, while they sat back down, Hiashi moved his chair so that he faced the two teens. "Why would you go to Iwa, especially with what your father did to them?" Hiashi asked, earning a shocked look from Hiruzen. "Don't worry Hiruzen, I know who my parents were. Even though I would have liked for you to tell me, I don't blame you for keeping it a secret. I think it is hilarious how the council has driven away the son of their great hero." Naruto said, changing the look on the Hokage's face from shocked to sad.

"But then, I don't know why you would even consider going to Iwa." Hiruzen said, bringing the conversation back to the point where he wanted it to be.

"Well, you both know, that we did some missions after the house had burned down. A few of these missions were from Iwa, specifically such missions that, if they went south there shouldn't be any trace that lead back to Onoki and his village. Because of our successes Onoki had invited us to stay with him as shinobi of the stone. We initially turned him down, since we weren't sure if we wanted to give up our free lifestyle. But after we had begun to build a reputation we were targeted by a few bounty hunters and we decided that we didn't want to be on the run constantly. That was when we came here to talk with you both. After that we went to Iwa and joined their ranks." Hinata explained, while the two older man intently listened to what she told them.