#3 Hinata

Naruto ran through the streets, followed by a group of jonin. Laughing he turned the corner and immediately went into a small alley, suppressing his chakra and waiting for his pursuers to pass.

His breath hitched as he heard the stop only a few feet away from him.

"Man, how can a nine year old be so fast?" The leader of the small group sighed as he scanned the area for the child's chakra signature. It wasn't the first time they were assigned to catch the blonde nuisance, so that he could face punishment for a prank he pulled, but this time, it was personal.

"We have to find him, I already know, who will be charged with cleaning our vests for the next week." One of the jonin said, almost sounding scared. The black haired leader looked down at his bright orange vest and sighed. "There is nothing we can do about that now."

With that the squad jumped away towards the hokage tower to report the failure of their mission.

Naruto sighed in relief and jumped on top of the roofs to look for a quiet place where he could exercise in peace.

Jumping over the roofs he suddenly heard a faint cry of help coming from a dark path leading into the forest. He immediately changed directions and sped towards it, not caring if the sensor was still scanning the village for his chakra signature or not.

A few moments later a group of teens came into view, all of them a lot bigger than Naruto. They were circling a small kid with purple hair. Naruto recognized her as Hinata Hyuuga from his class. The older boys were pushing Hinata around and Naruto grit his teeth as he heard one of them mention that they could have their fun with her, obviously thinking about more adult meanings of fun. Naruto had to do something and so he went to do the first thing that came to mind.

"Hey, stop it!"

The older boys turned their heads to the loud voice that had interrupted their fun time.

"Oh it's you. Boys looks like we have an even better price today." The leader of the small group of boys said. A few of them took out kunai as they left Hinata laying on the path. Naruto knew of the risk of defending himself against the villagers, but he knew, that he probably would not be able to protect Hinata after they were done with him so he made the decision and took out his own weapon. The teens stopped for a second when they saw him take out a short sword but then they laughed, readying their weapons before charging at the blonde boy.

Hinata could only watch as Naruto was surrounded by the group of teens, but then she saw the blonde next to herself holding out his hand. Confused she wanted to say something, but quickly found a hand on her mouth preventing her from making a sound.

"Don't talk." Naruto whispered as quietly as possible. He helped Hinata up, but when he saw that she had an injury on her left leg he quickly picked her up and jumped away. Meanwhile The group of boys were engulfed by a cloud of smoke.

"Thank you." Hinata said as Naruto slowly sat her down in front of the Hyuuga compound.

"Don't worry about it." Naruto took a step away and was gone as soon as the guards noticed Hinata was injured.

"Hinata-sama! Quick get her to her father. I will go and alert the Hokage." One of the guards ordered as he disappeared in a quick shushin.

Naruto was at home, reading a book that Itachi had given him, when he was training him, when he heard someone knocking at his door.

"Oh, hey Inu..." He began, but was cut off by the white haired Anbu.

"Come with me Naruto." The Shinobi said, taking hold of Naruto's arm and immediately disappearing with him.

Hiruzen Sarutobi was massaging his temple, he was getting to old for the job. The council had called for an emergency meeting, since apparently Naruto had attacked someone. He knew, that these charges were most likely fake, but he had to attend nonetheless. Sitting in the council meeting room he watched as one after another the council members came in until Naruto was brought in.

"Okay so what are the charges against Naruto Uzumaki?"

"He attacked my daughter Hinata Hyuuga!"

The Hokage was surprised to hear Hiashi's voice. He had expected it to be some poorly concealed attempt to get the young Jinchuuriki banished, but Hiashi's involvement meant, that there was more to this case than usual.

"Is your daughter here to testify?"

"No she is not, she is in the care of my most trusted medic and will stay at home for two days, after that she will tell you what it has done to her." Hiashi's anger at the boy was hard to overhear, it was really unusual for the stoic Hyuuga to get riled up like this.

"Okay, then we will postpone this until your daughter is well enough to testify against Naruto. This meeting is postponed."

Sarutobi had already gotten up when someone spoke up: "What will we do with it? We can't let it get back out into Konoha."

"Miss Haruno, first of all, this is Naruto Uzumaki, not some object. Second, we don't even know if he has done anything, so we can't just lock him up."

"I demand a vote! Who is in favour of putting Naruto Uzumaki in jail until we can commence with the trial?" The civilian side of the council raised their hands immediately. The shinobi side was hesitating until Hiashi put his hand up, then one after another, the hands of the shinobi council went up as well.

The Hokage sighed, he knew, that he couldn't do anything against an unanimous vote from the council. He looked at the gagged blonde boy with sorry eyes as he spoke: "Then it is decided, Naruto Uzumaki will be put in jail until we commence."

Naruto closed his eyes and held his head low as he was escorted out of the room.