6 ★Accident

The next morning when she woke up, the first thing she felt was that her body was sore. She looked abominable and reeked out of liquor. She kept rubbing her head, due to headache. Minutes later, Young-mi stood up and went towards the bathroom. There, she washed her face and freshen herself up a bit. After, she reached out for her phone, which was lying on her desk and turned it on. Right after she entered her passcode, thousands of notifications were shown on the screen.

"Oh my gosh! is that Kim Young-mi?"...

"Slut!"...

"Why would you do such things TT"...

Young-mi felt mixed emotions while reading such displeasing comments. When she continued scrolling down to look at what they were referring to, she was stuned, seeing two certain people on the photo. This included herself and, Lee Ji-won!

Just when she was about to pass out, Minji, out of the blue, called her.

"Young-mi! did you see the post on the school forum?!"...

"Y- Yeah, I don't know what to expect."...

"The school has gone crazy! What exactly happened last night?"...

"I don't remember."...

"Okay, try to recall the things that happened, I'll go to your place."...

"Yeah."...

She was feeling anxious and her hands started sweating. She kept on walking back and forth, hoping her memories would return, but it wasn't an easy task because she was drunk when it transpired. Minutes passed on and she kept on pushing her mind. She even forgot to eat breakfast. But none of those matter now in this type of situation.

Just then, a memory popped up in her mind. The answers to all her questions were finally unlocked. When, why and how it happened, she finally got an answer to all those questions.

In a moment, someone opened the door. Minji arrived, and she looked even more anxious than Young-mi. They sat on the bed, trying to calm themselves down.

"Do you remember everything now?"Minji asked while showing her the picture that was posted.

Young-mi told her the details she recollected. "I wasn't really myself last night. I remembered going to the bathroom. Then, I slipped and, t- that happened."

After hearing her out, Minji felt guilty for not being able to be with her at that moment. "What I'm worried about most is you. Regarding of what happened, you'll obviously be turned into the school's punching bag."

Young-mi tried to speak confidently, but her voice didn't bury her reluctance. "I don't care. I know everything in that picture is real, but I won't make it such a big deal. I could just... keep a low profile... this year?"

"Won't be a big deal?! Do you know who that guy in the picture is?" Minji's voice abruptly raised.

Young-mi stared at the picture for a couple of seconds, then, she felt a chill down her spine. She couldn't help watching herself kissing... a total stranger. And most of all, he stole her first kiss.

Minji understood her actions, which was saying she's never gonna talk at this rate. She cleared her throat lightly and began talking swiftly. "Let me introduce him to you. He is Lee Ji-won, son of the most popular business man in the country. He is handsome, rich, a model - "

When she started listing things, Young-mi cut her off. "Okay, I get it. Let's stop with introductions and let's start figuring out what to do."

Minji paused for a bit and spoke reluctantly. "You'll probably be attacked tomorrow at school, so - What about you tell your dad?! "

"What are you talking about? If I tell him, I'll be the one who gets to receive punishment, and, I didn't plan on doing bad intentions. So, just like what I said, I don't care."

"We should go together at school tomorrow. I'll fight by your side." Minji spoke.

"No, I don't want you to meddle in my problems."

"What are you saying? Were best friends. Were always here for each other.

Young-mi tried to cut her off again, but this time, she didn't let her. "Meddling or not. She stopped for a second and held Young-mi's hand. I'll always be here for you."

Young-mi felt thankful. Even in this cruel world, she still managed to find a true friend like her.

At night, Young-mi was at the balcony, drinking coffee. She just couldn't stop worrying on how she'll face people tomorrow. On the outside, she always has been showing her bright, bold and fearless personality. But on the inside, she feels the total opposite. Like the quote;

On the outside, I may look calm. But on the inside, there's tremendous storm.

She was thinking on how to clean this mess up. All those thoughts, drowned her mind.

The following day, when she set foot in the campus, gossips about her flew. Just like what Minji said, she and Young-mi came to school together. When they were walking down the hallway, Hyejin and some other girls approached them. They threw pieces of paper at their direction.

"Read it." Hyejin said harshly.

Minji kept signaling her to leave, but only came ignored. Young-mi picked up a paper and did what she was told.

The words written were disgusting, seductive and many other awful words.
After reading it, she clenched her fists and kept on remaining silent.

Hyejin crossed her arms and spoke loudly that it could make ears bleed."That's what you are. How dare you seduce Lee Ji-won!"

Minji couldn't keep calm. She spoke even louder. "Hey! Aren't you tired?"

"Tired? Hyejin faked a laugh and stepped forward. No, what if I do... this."

The tensed atmosphere became more tensed when she started tugging Young-mi's hair.

Minji immediately made a move. She pulled Young-mi away, taking her place instead. Minji and Hyejin were acting like a cat and a mouse meanwhile Young-mi, was being ambushed by three girls and  the others were recording the scene. Young-mi who was trying to stop Minji, was pushed away. She quickly stood up and fought back.

Because of the loud cries, the amount of people grew and they were surrounded by many other students. Just then, a teacher interrupted and stopped them. When Young-mi was about to pick up her bag, a person from behind, suddenly grabbed her wrist and took her to another area. Surprisingly, It wasn't Minji, but someone else.

A/N: Hmm... who could it be?🤔

By the way, I'm working on another book titled 'Once Again', please check it out. ☺

VOTE 🤍FOLLOW 🤍COMMENT🤍

VOTE 🤍
FOLLOW 🤍
COMMENT🤍

(^o^)