Chapter 42

A/N : I did it!! Sorry for the late chapter, but I really hope you enjoy! And I'll see you all Monday! :3

(Y/N)

I didn't waste any time in shoving the key into the lock and throwing open the cell door. Adam was the first to run out, a look of relief washing over him.

Tanner took his time coming out, grinning up at Thomas, giving everyone a wary look.

"Oh, thanks Tommy! It's nice to know you care!" He stood close by my side, and I felt my face get warm.

Clint stood from his chair, joining everyone as we crowded around. "So, what are we going to do from here?"

I spoke first, still overwhelmed with gratitude that Thomas gave in. "Okay, first we get back to my house. Then we go over the things that we were told. Then we start from there."

Adam nodded, his expression confident. "Okay. Let's go."

Thomas cleared his throat from behind us, and Adam turned to glare at him, clearly angry. "Uh.. is there a way I can help?" He asked, directing the question at me.

I was about to answer him, until Tanner cut in, tilting his head with a grin. "No... I don't think we need you anymore, but it's nice to know you care!"

Thomas sneered, advancing toward him, and I could feel the tension settle in. "I'm only doing this for (Y/N), you sick bastard."

Tanner bristled at that, taking a protective step in front of me. "What does that even mean? She's not-"

I stepped forward, waving my hands in the air. "Guys! Stop it... please don't fight." I turned to Thomas, feeling obliged to accept his help. "Of course you can help us. What do you want to do?"

Adam's voice was loud, stern. "He's not doing shit."

My blood ran cold, and I almost forgot that Adam isn't just a person to welcome others with open arms. I mean, the only reason he welcomed Clint was because we needed his relationship with the killer.

Thomas turned to look at Adam, startled. "Excuse me?"

"I said..." Adam stepped closer to the agent, eyes challenging and fists clenched. "You're not helping us."

Thomas flinched, brows furrowing as he bowed his head. "Listen... I'm not here to persist. I just did something regrettable. I'm simply going to help you guys with one thing... and then I'll be gone."

My heart skipped a beat. What the fuck did he mean by that?

Clint was the one to ask the question. "What, you going to hide now that you risked your job?"

Thomas's lip quivered, and I noticed how scared he looked. I stepped forward, making sure to push Adam back a little. "Come on, Adam. Thomas said it himself. He just wants to help with one thing..."

Adam didn't say anything for a long time, just a painful silence dragging out between everyone. But, in the end, he sighed, but his expression didn't change as he turned back to Thomas.

"One thing. And then I don't want to see your face again."

"Watch what you're saying." Thomas snapped. "I'm the one who let you out."

Adam said nothing, but he still glared at him as he spoke.

"I was going to offer you guys some information." Thomas explained, looking to me again. "It's currently classified, and not allowed to be released to the public, but I'm sure the four of you could figure something out."