Chapter 34

A/N : Aight, real quick here :

Marry | Kiss | Fuck | Kill : Tanner | Adam | Clint | Thomas

Enjoy the chapter ☺️

(Y/N)

Age 13 :

"Who were you just yelling at?"

I stood up from our front porch, giving my brother a puzzled look.

He stammered for a moment, but then righted himself, before I could become suspicious. "Some dude was following you home, so I gave him a piece of my mind!" Then he made a really ugly face, mocking a wrestler as he punched the air, and I burst into laughter.

"Was it an older guy?"

My brother's smile faltered a bit. "(Y/N)... back when you were nine... do you remember everything that's happened at the time?"

I tilted my head, confused. "Of course! The same old stuff that happens to me now. I didn't make any friends, and that phase where you and I would go alien hunting."

I saw my brother's expression change, but before I could make out what it was, he covered it up with a smile. "Ah, speaking of which... aren't we gonna go ghost hunting tonight?"

His voice was laced with excitement, and I grinned, forgetting about his strange question. "Heck yeah! We're definitely finding something tonight!!"

Then my brother grabbed my hand, and as he pulled me into our house, I watched as he took another look over his shoulder, a weary look in his eyes.

------------------

(Y/N)

I stepped out of the shower, wasting no time in throwing on jeans and a sweatshirt, not even bothering to brush out my damp hair.

I had received a call from the hospital the next evening after Adam, Tanner, and Clint were here.

They told me to come and meet with them for something about my brother, and my mind was spinning, wondering if it was good news or bad news.

That was the reason that vague memory had popped into my head.

The sooner I get there, the sooner I get to hear the news. So, I scarfed down the rest of my dinner, grabbed the keys to my jeep, and hurried out the door. I pulled out my phone to call Clint. He answered after about three rings.

"Hello, (Y/N)?"

"Hey!" I greeted, stepping into my car and pulling out of the driveway. "I'm running to the hospital real fast to see my brother, do you mind watching the cameras while I'm gone?"

Clint responded immediately, "Of course! No problem..." He trailed off, and then added, "I know this won't make a difference, but... I hope your brother wakes up."

I smiled, feeling comfort from my new friend. "Thanks, Clint. I'll talk to you guys tomorrow. We're going over our plan, right?"

"Yup." Clint sounded determined, confident. "I think with a few changes, we can finally make some good progress."

I felt my stomach do a somersault, wanting to know more about what he had planned, what we can find out about the killer.

And that woman...

"Alright." I finally said. "Talk to you later."

*****

The tears fell from my eyes, and my head hung low. The damp drops on my jeans were noticeable as I stayed focused on them, my heart wrenching as the doctor sat at the desk across from me.