People Can Change

Thank you all for reading my story, it means a lot and I hope you all enjoy this chapter. Please leave some feedback.... if you want. :P

- Pacifica's P.O.V
When did Mabel come back!!?! Why did she have to be here NOW!!?! What do I do? My greatest enemy can't see me like this!!! She would laugh at me!!! She would embarrass me!!! She would- "Pacifica please come out, I want to know what's wrong" My thoughts were stopped short from Mabel's comment, surely I heard her wrong. Why would she care about me, especially after all the horrible things I did to her in the past. "Why do you even care?" I said softly as I began to wipe the tears from my face. "I don't want to see you cry anymore." "But I've done so many bad things to you, I've even treated you like trash." "Pacifica, that was so long along." Mabel laughed. "The past is in the past, I've moved on. So please come out of there, I don't want you feeling sad anymore. I'm here for you." W-Why did my heart suddenly, wait what?!?! I felt a heavy blush appear on my face. Why am I acting like this all of a sudden? What is going on?

- Mabel's P.O.V
After what felt like hours, Pacifica finally agreed to exit the stall. We were now face to face. "Are you ok Pacifica?" Pacifica sighs as she walks passed me to fix herself up at the sink. "Mabel it's nothing, really." I wasn't convinced in the slightest. "Pacifica.." I placed my hand on her shoulder to reassure her that she can trust me. "I-It was just... a bad day for me." She says quietly. I guess that's all I'm going to get out of her for now. "Ok then, I guess it's up to the great Mabel Pines to make your day better!!!" I cheered. "What?" She turns to me with a confused look on her face. "What I mean is, we are going to have some fun together till you stop being a sad kitten." I give her the biggest smile I could muster. "B-But." "No buts, you have no choice." Pacifica turns her attention away from me. Did I see her face get red a little, I must have just... imagined that. "Ok I'll go, but can I ask you something first?" Pacifica said pulling me out of my thoughts. "Yeah sure." "What is that all over your top?" What is she talking about? I looked down at my tank top to see that I still had cheese and sauce all over it!!! "Uh.... I uh" This is so embarrassing!!! "I'll wait for you to clean up" she let out a giggle as she walks out the bathroom. At least she's smiling again.

After I got cleaned up the best I could, Pacifica and I walked towards the food court. Soon enough I see where Candy and Grenda are sitting. "There she is, we were starting to think you left." Candy said. "Yeah, we were getting worried." The three of us started laughing as I sat in one of the seats in first of them. "No need to worry, I ran into a person I needed to help." I said looking at Pacifica, who was still standing. I turn towards Candy and Grenda, their expressions changed to pure confusion.

"Pacifica? Why is she where?" Candy asked. "MABEL WHAT IS SHE DOING HERE!?!! Grenda yelled while getting out of her chair. "I overheard her crying in the bathroom so I decided to help her. What's the big deal?" "You helped her? Mabel do you not remember what she did to us? SHE EMBARRASSED AND BULLIED US EVERY CHANCE SHE GOT!!!" Grenda was getting angrier and angrier as time went on. "I-I'm sorry, I know I treated you guys wrongly in the past, but I've changed." Pacifica tried to apologize to them but Grenda wasn't listening. "YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW MABEL!!! YOU DON'T  REALLY ATTEND ON HELPING THE SAME PERSON THAT MADE OUR SUMMER A LIVING HELL DO YOU?" "Grenda.. please calm down." Candy tried to calm Grenda's rage but to no avail. Everyone nearby had stopped what they were doing and were now looking at us. "SHE'S ONLY CHANGING HER ACT BECAUSE HER SELFISH FAMILY LOST ALL THEIR MONEY AND SHE WANTS PEOPLE TO FEEL SORRY FOR HER AND I'M NOT FALLING FOR IT. SHE WILL ALWAYS BE THE SAME OLD HATEFUL PACIFICA NORTHWEST!!!" I don't know why... but I slammed my fist onto the table and threw myself up and out of my chair. I felt anger build inside my body while looking into Grenda's eyes. "SHUT UP!!!" I yelled the loudest I've ever yelled before. Everyone around me were in shock and I didn't care. "I DON'T CARE WHAT SHE DID OR SAID TO US IN THE PAST!!! I DON'T EVEN CARE IF SHE WAS STILL THE SAME JERK AS BEFORE!!! BUT SHE IS OBVIOUSLY GOING THROUGH SOMETHING THAT IS BOTHERING HER AND I'M GOING TO DO EVERYTHING I CAN TO HELP HER!!!"

The entire mall remained silent as Grenda and I stood there looking at each other. I wanted so badly for this moment to end but I needed to defend Pacifica no matter. But Grenda is one of my best friends and I can't stand fighting with her. "Look Grenda, I'm sorry but everyone deserve a second chance and deep down I know you believe that too. So what do you say... want to give her that chance?" Grenda looks at me and then the floor. She closes her eyes and clenches her fists. "I'm sorry Mabel, You can risk trusting her but I'm not wasting my time. I'm leaving." And with that, Grenda left. I knew I wouldn't be able to convince her. Suddenly Candy get up from her seat and to my surprise, she walks up to Pacifica and held her hands. "I-I believe you have changed and I hope we can be great if not best friends. I'll try to talk to Grenda for you as well. I should get going though, see you girls later." She waves us goodbye as she walked away.

That was an complete disaster. Everyone else in the mall were still looking at us but this time I can hear a few people mumbling something. "Isn't she one of the Pines twins that had saved the town!?!" "Oh my god it is Mabel!!" "What is she doing with that Northwest?" "Hope she doesn't fill Mabel's head with her lies and cheats." I was shocked at what I was hearing. I turned to see if Pacifica had heard any of the comments and sure enough she did. I grabbed Pacifica's arm and dragged her away from the area.

I finally stopped when we reached an empty place in the mall. "I'm sorry about that Pacifica, I didn't know that..." I was cut off by Pacifica handing me a folded piece of paper. I could see her face turning surprisingly red and this time it was clear as day. I opened up the folded paper revealing a number, her number. I looked back up and into Pacifica beauti.... I mean her eyes. "W-What's this?" I asked her. "It's my number, you can call.... or text me if you want." She replied "And it's fine, I'm used to people talking about me, especially after the truth about my family got exposed. Now let's stop worrying about everything that has happened and let's go have that fun you mentioned earlier." "Yeah let's go!!!" I said grabbing she arm and rushing her to a place I know we would love. But despite being excited to spend time with Pacifica, deep down I couldn't help but to worry about her.

This chapter took longer to make than I'm willing to admit. I kept on procrastinating XD. I'll try to update more frequently in the future. Please feel free to leave any feedback. See you all in the next chapter.