Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Ruby's POV

Beach weekend was fun. No, fun was an understatement. It had been amazing.

Spending a whole two days at the warm beach with a sunset every night was incredible.

When Ryder had started to say he loved something or someone, I was freaking out because I had thought he would say that he loved me.

I blushed again at the memory.

Pushing the thought away, I opened the window and let the cool, March night breeze come in.

I started to hum with the music I was playing from my phone and began cleaning up the huge mess of clothes on my floor.

I was in the middle of singing a chorus when two hands grabbed me from behind on the waist and launched me onto my bed.

"Ryder!" I screamed and he landed on top of me. "How the hell did you get in here?"

He chuckled and looked at me. "I put a long board on top of our balconies and walked over like a pro."

"You could have died!"

"Does Ruby actually care for me?" he said dramatically.

I shook my head, giggling madly. Suddenly realizing our position, my breathing hitched and heart raced.

Ryder's hands were still on my hips and his lower body was in between my legs. I felt my face flush lightly as he pressed himself a little closer. All I could focus on were his dark brown eyes. We were so close to each other that I could count each and every individual eyelash.

Heart thumping, face flushing, and lips twitching in anxiousness, my gaze drifted down to his pink, soft, and sexy looking lips.

Ryder rested his forehead on mine and closed his eyes. So did I. My stomach tingled and I almost moaned from his touch. Ryder, Ryder, Ryder...please kiss me.

Our breathing was in sync and his hands kept hold of me. I felt completely out of breath.

His head shifted so that his lips were on my neck. I gasped softly as he kissed the tender skin up to my jaw, then his eyes gazed into mine and he whispered, "You drive me crazy, Ruby."

Then he leaned in.

"Ruby! Can you help me with the groceries?"

I closed my eyes and shrunk down when I heard my mom's voice from downstairs. No mom, no I can't. I'm sort of busy trying to kiss Ryder here. Just the thought of his lips on mine made me giddy, but it was ruined.

"Uhm," I gently rolled out from underneath Ryder and rubbed my hands over my face in frustration. "You should probably go."

"Uh, yeah. I'll see you later." He said, hopping out onto my deck, then I heard his window shut.

Finally turning around, I saw him draw his blinds shut. All I could see were white panels.

I slowly descended the stairs and helped my mom unload her car. Today just had to be the day she was off from work.

I don't even know why I would want to kiss Ryder. Yeah, he's very good looking, but I know that he wouldn't like me back.

I didn't actually like Ryder, did I?

Ryder's POV

I shut the window and drew the blinds shut. Lying on my bed, I shut my eyes and sighed.

Ruby.

Whenever I saw her, my shitty mood would instantly lighten up and I would feel better. Whenever I was with her, I always laughed and had the time of my life. Whenever I was touching her, or kissing her neck...oh jeez.

I instantly got a hard-on that annoyed me. Why am I feeling these things towards Ruby?

I pushed these thoughts away the best I could.

My phone chimed and I picked it up from the night stand.

Monica: hey babe, want to come over right now? ;)

My fingers hovered over the keyboard, wondering what I should text. I haven't been laid ever since I met Ruby, and it was making me a little crazy. I could either take a very very cold shower, or answer to Monica.

Ryder: sure. I'll be over in a bit.

I wanted to have a distraction, right? So why did I feel guilty for it not being with Ruby?

•••

Hey guys! Sorry for the short chapter.

BUT! IMPORTANT NEWS IF YOU ALREADY DON'T KNOW!

This book is now published on Barnes and Noble NOOK, Amazon Kindle, Apple iBookstore, Lulu, and Kobo bookstores FOR FREE! So you can read it anywhere, anytime if you don't have Wattpad on certain devices. :)

I'm writing this story on word, and so far, this book is 268 pages long and 39857 words. Dang.

Whale, have a fantastic day everybody! Much love,

-Anne :)