Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Ruby's POV

It was Saturday, and Ryder constantly kept bugging me about the fight tomorrow night. But no matter what he did, I shook my head no.

Here are some examples where he tried to make me say yes.

In Trigonometry yesterday for example, he kept catching my glances and throwing me notes from behind. I tried my best to ignore him, and the girls that were giving me dirty looks because Ryder wasn't paying attention to them.

So I whirled around in my desk and shouted in an angry whisper. "Leave me the fuck alone Daniels!"

But the part was, that I didn't notice that the teacher was silent and so was the rest of the class, so my whisper turned out to be an embarrassing quiet yell.

"Ms. Buchanan. Please take yourself and your crude language to detention."

I stared at my math teacher wide eyed. "But I didn't do anything!"

"Right. Now." She said sternly.

I sighed angrily and shot death glares to Ryder. Oh how he was gonna pay...

"Fuck! Damn it! Shit!" a stream of curse words broke the tension as they filed out of Ryder's mouth.

"Bitch! As-" he was soon interrupted by the angry, fuming teacher.

"Mr. Daniels! You may accompany Ms. Buchanan to the detention room also!" her face was red with anger and I suddenly realized what Ryder was doing.

"My pleasure." Said Ryder and he dared to bow in front of the whole class on our way out.

I started walking fast, faster than ever until Ryder called my name from down the hall. He was running to me and I tried desperately to block him out but he stopped in front of me.

"Hey, you're not really going to detention are you?" he asked.

"Does it look like I am?"

He chuckled and walked beside me. I talked. "I know why you did that back there."

"Why is that?"

"Because you're just going to try and bother me to get me to compete tonight. Which I'm not going to do."

He let out a long sigh and turned to face me. "Why not Ruby?! You're good! You could beat them easily-"

"That's the thing, Ryder. I don't want to win. It'll just..." I trailed off and quit talking as soon as a realized that I had almost told him.

"It'll just what?" he asked.

I waved him off and pushed open the doors to the school entrance. The cold December wind pushed my hair back and I saw the tiny snowflakes falling down on us. I looked over to Ryder who was mumbling to himself and I saw the snowflakes on his hair. I wanted to reach out and touch it so bad but that would be catastrophic.

"Are you talking to yourself?" I laughed.

He turned and glared at me. "No. I'm just mad."

"Awh, Rydie-Poo, don't be mad." I teased and I went to pinch his cheeks.

"Stop!" he swatted away my hands and I started to giggle.

"What's got your panties in a twist?"

"You." He said angrily and I chuckled under my breath. It was funny making him frustrated.

"Let's make a deal then," I started and he immediately tuned in, "if you find my bike by tomorrow noon, I'll fight. If you don't, you have to do what I say for five days."

He thought about it and then smiled. "Deal, but if I do find your bike, you not only have to compete, but you also have to do what I say for a week."

I scoffed. "That's not fair!"

"Hey! Your bike is priceless and you know it. If I find it then I'm practically a hero and you adore me for a week."

Rolling my eyes, I stuck out my hand to seal the deal. "Fine."

We shook hands and I tried to ignore the tingles that shot up my arm.

It was now Saturday and it was precisely 11:27. If Ryder didn't find my bike in the next 33 minutes, then game over. And I would have a servant for five days.

I was relaxing on my couch, watching the time tick by, it now read 11:56, when I was just about to go over next door and tell Ryder that I needed a shoulder massage, when the doorbell rang.

No, it couldn't be.

I hesitantly rose and went to the door. Peeking out the side window, I saw Ryder standing on the porch. I looked past him and didn't see my precious Ducati. I was a little disappointed but mostly happy that he would be obeying my commands.

I opened the door to a defeated looking Ryder. His shoulders were slightly slumped and a frown occupied his face.

"You here to tell me I've won?" I said happily.

He sighed and nodded. "Yeah, unfortunately."

I jumped up and down with laughter and joy. "Well, then, peasant. If you don't mind I'd like a massa-"

I was rudely interrupted by Ryder. "I'd like for you to massage my shoulders and go get me some beer. It was a doozy finding your bike, I think I deserve it."

I stopped and stared at him with wide eyes. "B-but you said th-that you lost?"

He laughed and started walking to the driveway. I couldn't see past there so I hesitantly followed him.

And I couldn't believe my eyes.

There, in perfect complexion.

Shining brightly.

Neatly polished.

Was my Ducati.

Ryder's her hero. Awh. :)

I hope you guys have a great New Years!

If you all didn't already know, this book is now published on Barnes and Noble NOOK, Amazon Kindle, Apple iBookstore, Lulu, and Kobo bookstores FOR FREE! So you can read it anywhere, anytime if you don't have Wattpad on certain devices. :)

Have a fantastic day, much love,
-Anne :)