Chapter Thirteen

******

Just wanted to say - you are awesome for reading this far!

i loveee youu !!! <3

******

Chapter Thirteen

I run my hand through my wet hair, droplets of water splashing the floor. It felt so nice to have a shower after hiding in the barn for two hours.

After I dried my hair, I threw on a pair of jeans (duh) and a peach sleeved hoodie. I smudged on some eye-liner to bring out my eyes, and I brushed my teeth thoroughly. Once again, hiding in the barn for two hours makes you feel dirty. It's pretty nasty in there, in case you didn't already realize.

Right as I'm brushing my hair through for the fourth time (I have compulsive disorder, okay?) the door swings open. Julie was standing there. Her eyes were slightly rimmed red, and her cheeks were a rosy pink. She looked like she had been crying.

"Julie, what's wrong?" I asked, concerned.

Julie threw her arms around me, and I dropped the brush.

"I'm so sorry, Kendra!" she bawled. "I should have helped when you got kidnapped! I feel like such a bad cousin, I left you when you needed me! I know I don't deserve it, but I'm sorry with all my heart and I was crying all day since I heard the news... I really hope you'll forgive me!"

She burst into tears again, burying her face in my shoulder. I felt her tears seeping through my sweater, so I pushed her off gently. "Its okay, Julie. I forgive you." Was all I managed to say. I understood completely, Julie couldn't have done anything.

She sniffled, "But Kendra, you could've gotten hurt!"

"But I didn't," I pointed out.

"But you could of, and it would've been my fault!"

I shook my head sadly. "Julie, please stop over-reacting. This isn't JerseyShore - there's no need for all the drama." I waved my hand in the air dismissively. "Plus, I pretty much forgave you the second you walked through the door, so there's no need to worry. It's okay... alright?"

"Okay. Thanks." Julie murmured.

"No problem. Want to go downstairs now?" I asked.

Julie smiled, "Yah!"

I grabbed her wrist, and we both walked downstairs. Okay, maybe that's a lie. I walked... but Julie sort of... skipped. She never walks - that's too bland for her.

When we reached the family room, everyone was there but, naturally, not my dad. Johnny was sprawled across the couch, his feet on my mom's lap. Riley is on a kitchen chair in the corner. Isabel was on the single couch/chair, and some guy was sitting in the chair across from me. Even Kyle is here, sitting cross-legged on the rug with his eyes focused towards the floor.

Wait, who's the guy? I immediately think. I don't remember him from anywhere. He has black hair, and blue eyes. Blue eyes, obviously means he has a gift. See how good I'm getting at spotting this stuff? Oh yeah, I'm all in it.

"So," I say casually, pointing at the guy. "Who's he?"  

Isabel's face mixes with emotions that I don't recognise. Her expression is making it look like she can't decide how to feel about my question. Okay, I've heard of 'dumb blondes', but Isabel takes the term to the next level.

"Brody," the guy says slyly. From the corner of my eye, I also notice Isabel flushing. Why is she red all of a sudden? He just said his name.

I narrow my eyes, "Okay then... I know this is going to sound rude, but what exactly are you doing in my house?"