Chapter Nineteen

_________________________

Dedicated to bellapotter_16, for her amazing story 'Me & The Boy With The I.V.'

One of the only stories in history to ever make me cry. Be proud of yourself, girl. That there is a major accomplishment. :) Go check out her story, it's awesome.

Thanks, and Enjoy!

_________________________

Chapter Nineteen

Kendra's P.O.V

"So you know the plan then, right?" I asked once again.

Declan nodded, "Yeah."

"Good, so meet there tomorrow, and don't be late."

"Got it,"

I nodded at him quickly before retreating out of the bush, and running full speed towards my house. It was really dark out, so I'm sure they had given up looking for me. If not, they were going to be pretty pissed when I returned without an explanation. But business had to be done, and doing it properly always took awhile.

When I finally reached the house, I was huffing and puffing from the run. Alright, I'll admit it - I'm horribly lazy and un-fit. But honestly, what can you do?

I pulled open the door widely to reveal an angry Isabel. Kyle, Brody, and Julie were behind her, looking equally as worried and furious. Oh my, if looks could kill, I'd be stabbed in the heart multiple times, with a bullet through my brain.

"Kendra, where the heck have you been?" Isabel asked furiously.

"Umm... I got lost. You know how I am with navigating during the night. It took me a while before I made my way back."

"Are you sure?" Isabel asked. She looked like she believed me, so I nodded. That heightened the trust level even more. I'm such a little devil.

"We were so worried about you, Kendra!" Julie cried, enveloping me in a giant hug. She looked genuinely worried, which made my heart sink. As much of a bad kid that I was, I hated lying to the ones I loved. It made me feel awful.

"I'm really okay, Julie. I don't see what the big problem was."

She sniffled, "We were afraid you were kidnapped again!"

"Well I wasn't," I said bluntly.

"I know, we were just afraid, but at least you're safe!"

I laughed awkwardly, hugging Julie. It was strange how good of a liar I was - usually people saw right through my lies. The only one that looked like they didn't believe me was Brody.

Oh no, does he know I'm lying? I hope he didn't see anything...

"Well, I'm sure she's tired from all that walking, so maybe we should just give her some space." Brody said.

My worry evaporated. Yeah, he definitely didn't know.

"No, it's alright. I'm just going to go upstairs, so... yeah. Peace out!" I added, giving them the peace sign. I made my way up to my room quickly.

You probably noticed how I'm always retreating to my bedroom in awkward moments. It seems as though I've been doing that a lot lately. My bedroom is my safe spot - the place where no one can criticise me for who I'm not. It's the place where I forget I have a spiritual gift, and where I'm just Kendra. I love the freedom.