Chapter Seven

******

Sorry it took so long! I've been on vacation recently and had tons of homework. I'm actually supposed to be writing an essay right now, but whatever. This is more fun.

Anyways, I'm still debating on whether I like her gift or not. I'm starting to get the feeling that it's stupid and that I should change it, but I'm not sure what else I could change it to, y'know?

Oh, well, it'll get better. I promise! I've got a pretty awesome plot all planned out :)

Alright, well enjoy the chapter! Please comment and/or vote on what you think! I would really appreciate it!!! (oh and also, sorry it's short. I'll upload more next time.)

Thank you soo much! <3

******

Chapter Seven

"So I'm different?" I breathe to Aunt Judy quietly. She cocks her head to the side, her mouth agape. No one else speaks up either.

Julie is sitting beside me, stiff as a board. Her breathing is small and quiet, her small chest hardly moving at all.

Kyle, across from me, looks like he's in shock. His mouth is forming a huge O shape, and his eyes look just about the same. I try not to stare at him for too long, remembering that he's never seen this before. He hasn't gotten his gift yet.

"Wake up, people." I demand, looking everyone in the eyes, waiting for my answer. No one moves the slightest bit, which sort of sets me off.

"Okay, seriously! What's with all the commotion?" I joke. "I don't get it. Why is this gift such a big deal?"

Julie's eyes widen. "Why is it such a big deal?" she repeats me, keeping on her shocked expression. I nod. What kind of answer is that?

"It's a huge deal!" Kyle shouts, an excited, giant grin appearing on his face.

"Will you tell me why?" I ask impatiently.

"This gift has never been given to anyone before, it looks like the spirit element to me." Aunt Judy starts. "Only people who deserve it are blessed with it. And since apparently you deserve it, you must have an exciting future ahead of you."

I stare down at my lit up hands. "Okay. So what are glowing hands supposed with the spirit dimension? It doesn't make sense."

"Glowing hands might not be your only gift," Kyle interrupts. "Some people are blessed with multiple gifts. I'm pretty sure the spirit element includes commons."

"Really?" I say hopefully. "Like what?"

"I don't know. Try something."

I close my eyes again, taking the warm feeling from my hands, and pushing them out. I hear everyone gasp. What did I do now?

I open my eyes, looking down at my hands.

I scream.

"Julie!" I screech wildly, waving my hands. "My hands are on fire!"

"Stop that!" she screams, pulling my arms down. "Of course your hands are on fire! You have the spirit element, which means you control the other four elements as well. Earth, water, fire, and wind. Do you understand?"

I nod, bouncing the balls of fire in my hand dangerously. Kyle gives me a glare.

"Let me try something else." I say.