Eight

Jin sat up, waiting for him to continue with what he was going to tell him.

And Tae got extremely nervous, especially once he saw his big beautiful eyes look at him.

His mouth was in a cute pout and he wanted to kiss it. So he took in a deep breath, and started talking.

"Jin, I don't know if you know this. But you and I went to school together. From elementary school thru the beginning of high school.

Until my father moved us away and I switched schools. But I loved you so much Jin. All those years in school. I have never loved anyone else but you. I have tried having relationships but they all failed. Because you stole my heart, and I couldn't love another without it."

He watched his face as he spoke and his eyes were open wide.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to burden you with my love."

He then shook his head and said, "Tae, I don't feel burdened. But, I know you are married now. And I don't know why you're telling me this. If your mom was to find out you were anywhere near me and my baby. She would put a hit out on me."

He really hated his life at that moment. If he had only been stronger and rejected that witch when his mother arranged their marriage. Then he would be able to pursue a real relationship with Jin.

And even help him raise his son as if he were his own. That's how much he loves Jin.

"Jin, what we have, it isn't a real marriage. That's how people in our circles do things. I don't love her, and I sure as hell have never even kissed her, much less slept with her."

"That doesn't really change how things are. If anyone had seen us earlier as we shopped, do you think your mom would be ok with it?

No, you know she wouldn't. So please, let's pretend we don't have any feelings for each other and just try to get on with our lives."

Taehyung's ears perked up at his last statement. Feelings for each other? Does that mean he has feelings for him as well?

"Are you.. Are you saying you also have feelings for me?" His eyes went wide when realization hit him at the words he used.

"I didn't say that. I just meant.."

And before he could say another word, Tae pulled him into his arms and kissed him.

He tried resisting at first, but he soon returned the kiss full force. Having him in his arms like this just felt so right. It's like if they were living alternate lives and when they kissed those two worlds collided together.

He slowly moved himself out from his grip and said, "Taehyung, please don't do this. I don't want to be hurt when you have to leave me. I just want to raise my baby in peace. Please."

He then realized he was right. He shouldn't treat him like a side chick.

He's his future husband and deserves to be treated like the king he is. If he has to move heaven and earth. He will make it possible to love Jin with no shame. Out and proud. (wink-wink 😉)

"Jin, listen. I will stop actively pursuing a relationship with you for now. But when I am divorced, I want you to be ready. Cause I will court you and treasure you like the priceless gem you are to me. Promise me you will wait for me."

He waited patiently for his reply and just when he thought he wouldn't respond, he quietly whispered "Yes, I will."

Tae really wanted to jump for joy, but he kept his cool. He can't have the man he's gonna marry think he's lame.