MILES ~ Where Does Love Go From Here

"You know that when I hate you, it is because I love you to a point of passion that unhinges my soul." ~Julie de Lespinasse

A/N: Before we get started with this chapter, I just want to thank you all for your patience and understanding. My father passed away on January 7th. It has been a very difficult time for me and my family, and honestly, writing has been the last thing on my mind. This story kind of lost all my interest, but I will keep it going for you all.  Make sure you show the people in your life how much you care and how important they are to you. You never know when they'll be taken from you. Life is too short; no matter how long you get. There is so much I wish I could still tell my dad, so much I didn't get a chance to say! Appreciate the people in your life! My daddy knew exactly how much I love him, but I still wish I could tell him one more time. Anyway, I know you've all been waiting, so here's the next episode! ~ Key

*****

Did this bitch just say Chad? I had to pinch myself to see if I was really awake, because I know good and hell well she didn't just call me another man's name! There must be some mistake, I thought as I got out of bed. She was still sleeping peacefully, like she didn't have a care in the world. Meanwhile, I'm about to blow a gasket. How could she do this to me? After all the love and dedication I'd shown her, how could she betray me like this? I worked my ass off every day... for her, bought this big ass house... for her, and this is the thanks I get? For the first time in my life, I wanted to put my hands on a female! Now I knew how Bruce Banner must feel, because I was so full of rage, I felt I might actually explode! "Who the fuck is Chad?"

I didn't realize I'd shouted until she jumped up. "Who...what...where? Is someone breaking in?" She asked, rubbing her eyes and then looking around frantically. "Is someone breaking in? Call 911!"

I stood there watching her, my hands balled into fists. I wouldn't allow myself to walk closer for fear of what I might do. "Naomi, wife, who the fuck is Chad?"

"Huh? What the hell are you...?” Something must have shown on my face because I saw fear flicker in her eyes when she finally turned to me. "Chad who?" She asked carefully.

"That's what I'm trying to figure out!" I yelled. "You're the one telling him you love him in your sleep, so who is Chad?"

"I don't know anyone name Chad." She said fearfully. I must have looked deadly because she actually seemed afraid. And with good reason too, because I was feeling a little homicidal.

"Do you really expect me to believe that, Nai? How fucking stupid do I look? I asked your ass if you wanted a divorce, if there was somewhere else you wanted to be, and you looked me dead in the face and lied!" I began pacing back and forth, trying to find something to do with this rage building up inside of me. "You know what, get your shit and get up out of my house!"

"Miles, I'm not cheating on you!" She cried. "I don't know a Chad!"

"Bitch, stop lying to me!"

"Miles..." Tears started welling in her eyes, but I was too upset to care.

"Naomi, I'm really close to catching a case, so if you knew what was best for you, you'd get your shit and get out of my sight!"

"It's two o'clock in the morning, where am I supposed to go?"

"I don't give a flying fuck! Go to the man you've been seeing behind my back! You can go to hell for all I care!"

"Miles, let me explain! Don't do this!" The tears fell heavily now, but I still didn't give a damn. I was pissed off and hurt. Deeply hurt by all of this. Why? Why did she have to do this? Didn't she know how much I loved her? How could she just stomp on my heart like that? That's when I finally realized what Dizzy meant when he said bitches ain't shit.