𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏

────── ☼ ☼ ☼ ──────

────── ☼ ☼ ☼ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐎𝐘𝐀𝐋 𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐘

────── ☼ ☼ ☼ ──────

Three months had passed since Rylee and Morgan's adventure on the Isle. But to the Fitzherbert girl, it felt like it was only yesterday. The princesses were welcomed back with open arms by their peers at Auradon Prep as well as their families. They didn't hesitate to resume their classes and continued their training for Tourney, both wanting to graduate on time. Despite being happy back in the place where they belonged, not everything went back to how it was before.

It was no surprise that Rylee and Morgan's friendship with Ben was tarnished. They couldn't forget about his ulterior motives for having them observe Remedial Goodness Class and sending them to the Isle, and no one blamed them for it. The princesses still worked as his Royal Advisors but they never spent any more time than necessary with the King of Auradon. Because of this, Rylee and Morgan grew even closer to Mal, Evie, Jay, and Carlos since they spent all their free time with them. They also were with Gabby as much as possible as she continued to adapt to the lifestyle in Auradon.

At the moment, Rylee and Morgan were working in the office that Ben gave them when he was crowned king. The princesses were preparing everything Mal, Evie, Jay, and Carlos needed for VK Day, which was happening in a little over an hour. While the redheaded girl prepared the new students' schedules for the upcoming semester, Rylee looked through her laptop to figure out which dorms were available for them. It was just their luck that rooms opened up near the current VK's dorms. As soon as she finished writing down the information she needed, a soft knocking sound cut through the air. This immediately caused Rylee and Morgan to stop what they were doing before looking toward the source of the sound to find Ben standing in the doorway.

"Hey, Ben," the blonde girl greeted as she placed the information she had just written down into a folder before turning her full attention to the king, "what can we do for you?"

"I just really needed to talk to you guys," the brunette boy told them, causing Morgan to let out a quiet sigh while Ben walked further into the room after closing the door behind him.

"Can you make it quick?" the Macintosh girl asked as she sat down on the couch next to Rylee, "we're kinda busy getting everything ready for the four new arrivals."

After staring at the two girls in front of him for a long moment, Ben let out a long sigh. Rylee and Morgan's eyes were glued to him as he made his way across the room and sat down in the chair across from them. The three of them sat in somewhat awkward silence as the princesses waited for the king to speak. What felt like an eternity passed before Rylee and Morgan exchanged a quick glance then they looked back at the boy they'd known for their entire lives.