Chapter 36- Dignitas

Dignitas

Latin

Title

-

the time

for the river-watered quinces

in the gardens of the chaste virgins

and

for the blossoms beneath the shady vine shoots

to burst is

Spring

-

Sanya could swear that the water was moving.

She fixed her eyes on one particular still spot of seawater, and focused all her might on it. She might usually forget about her powers, but she did want to be able to hone them, at least a little. She cocked her head up, her concentration still on the water, and she swore that a few water droplets jumped up into the air.

She had not been practicing for a while- first with the pregnancy, and then the baby, and then with the fact that she and Edmund had finally (forcibly, though they had complied quite easily) had a long-overdue honeymoon. They had left their two adorable children at Azraq, under the care of her parents- no, she and Edmund did not consider Peter to be good babysitters for the little Prince and even littler Princess- and had spent almost a month at the Spring Palace in Rihaaya. It had been the most blissful time for the two of them, full of love and laughter and lust, and she knew that they both shared the thought that it had been something like paradise.
Though they had missed their babies very much.

She looked away from the water and to her hand, wondering if using her fingers to simulate control would be easier.

"Hello, my child."

"Oh, Heavens!" Sanya almost had a heart attack, forgetting all about her practice and using her hands, as she looked beside her and saw a BIG lion sitting on His front paws on the sand. A LION. "I- I- Aslan, I assume?" She asked, once the heart palpitations had died down.

"You assume right." The Lion said, nodding as she bent her head low in respect. "You seem to forget that we've met before."

"When? Oh-" She remembered, it was all so long ago, "oh, but that was a dream."

"Just because it was a dream doesn't mean it wasn't real." Aslan spoke thoughtfully before laughing- if holy Lions could laugh- at her confused face. "I see that I've befuddled her Majesty?"

"A little." She admitted honestly, biting her lip. "I didn't expect You to ever come and speak to me, quite truthfully."

"Queen Sanya the True."

"Excuse me?" She asked confusedly, taken aback.

"I am here to apologise, I must tell you." Aslan said, looking ahead at the sea, the setting sun casting a red glow all over the pristine aqua water.

"Uh, it's alright- wait, why?"
Her parents definitely hadn't expected her to be talking with a mystical Talking Lion when she'd been married off and sent away, had they?

"I wasn't here when you were crowned King Edmund's Consort. I ought to have been there and Titled you like I Titled the other Narnian Monarchs but-"

"I wasn't a real Monarch of Narnia then, I was just Edmund's wife and the Princess of Rihaaya." She dared to interrupt, not feeling scared as she probably ought to be. She looked down at the sand, and remembered how she'd thought she didn't deserve to be a Princess. Nothing had really changed, apart from her being Queen now. "I don't deserve any titles."