Chapter 39- Cunabula

Cunabula

Latin

Homeland

-

untameable child

with the look of a roaring bull

-
(Mature sex scene- Edmanya- from about the middle of the chapter, so skip if uncomfortable!)

-

"I'm going."

"Absolutely not. That's hilarious, though." Edmund gave a humourless laugh, shaking his head at his wife. Hell, why did- why did every bad thing have to happen at the same time?

"I have to go." Sanya continued stubbornly. "I'm one of the best swordspersons you have-"

"Yes, probably the best, but you're out of practice."

"That's the flimsiest fucking excuse ever." She said flatly, before looking to Peter. "I'm going with you to fight the Giants."

"And I agree with you. You'll be a formidable force and a strong ally. I'm sorry, Ed-" He looked at his brother, apologetic, "but it's her decision."

Edmund took a moment so that he did not snap, before saying, "What about our children?"

"You'll look after them! I know they'll be perfectly fine with you, husband."

"You haven't told her?" Lucy asked suddenly, looking up from the plans of fortifying Cair.

"I was looking for her to do so, when Peter called this meeting."

"Tell me what?" The True asked, looking between them. What now?

"Susan sent a Raven." The words hung in the air for a moment, Peter's hands balling into fists and Sanya's jaw clenching so hard she might chip a tooth. "She says that she believes that Rabadash intends to keep her there until she accepts his marriage proposal. She says that she had suspected for a while- it has been two months- but it was clear for her when Prince Corin arrived there, apparently a guest as well. Rabadash probably meant for her to see Corin as a comfort and a gift, but she knows that he was just a means for her to stay there longer- if not for him or for fear, but for wanting to keep him safe."

"And she wants you to go be with her." Peter said, knowing exactly what his sister's plan would be. "Because two is greater than one, because you'd be able to protect her, because you'd be able to devise a strategy to get the hell out of there without being caught."

"And because Rabadash is scared of him." Lucy shrugged. "Edmund did beat him up quite well."

"I have to go there. I can't let Su stay alone with that monster." Edmund spoke to Peter, but his eyes were on Sanya.
His stomach twisted at the thought of leaving their children and home, at not accompanying his wife to her first true battle- but- but this was Susan, his sister. He had to help her, aid her, protect her.

"I agree." She said after a moment, finally unclenching her jaw. She knew there were others in the room, but her entire focus was on Edmund- which was rather shocking, considering how difficult focus was for her. "Be with her, keep her- and Corin- safe, and bring her back. That's your priority. As mine is the Giant War."

"Why is it your priority-"

"Because Rihaaya is meant to send her armies over, as soon as news of any war with Narnia arises. My people will be fighting for your land. My country is not of war, and most of my people have never even seen any magical creature, and now they'll be fighting them." Her voice was hoarse- and, though it was flat, there was a palpable tinge of emotion in it. It had been the only thing running through her mind ever since she had heard the news. "I'm their Queen."