Chapter 4- Si Vu Amari, Ama

Si Vu Amari, Ama

Latin

If you wish to be loved, love

-
i pray you, Eros, in the name of my muse i pray you,

oh let me sleep and forget for a while this lust for Heliodora.

-

Edmund hated being human. Well, to be more specific, he hated being a man who was still in the pangs of the torture known as puberty and adolescence.
Ever since Christmas, he could barely sleep for the dreams and visions which plagued him- worse and, at the same time, far more pleasing than his usual nightmares. Waking moments weren't better, for perverse thoughts and desires would make themselves known, which caused him an awful lot of discomfort- especially whenever he caught sight of or thought about his w- Consort.

Yes. That was the root of all his troubles.
The primal part of his brain had realised that he had found a mate, and now he had to mark her as his.
Or, in colloquial terms, Edmund wanted to make love to (with?) his wife.
Or, in formal terms, King Edmund wished to consummate his marriage.

He didn't even know why. Sure, it wasn't like he didn't know about lust or sexual activities, but nothing had changed in their relationship at all. She avoided and ignored him, he usually forgot about her existence, and they would exchange a polite sentence or two before heading to bed in silence, sleepy chats in bed a laughable thought.
Maybe it was because he had held her in his arms, for the first time, that Christmas night. Maybe it was because it was the eve of her seventeenth birthday, which meant she would no longer be sixteen- and the thought that she was Lucy's age would no longer be a restraining factor.
Maybe he was just a disgusting man- a vile one. Most evidence would point to this. After all- he didn't want her love. He wanted her.
Anyway, he should stop thinking about all this and start paying attention to Sanya being crowned- for it was her coronation they were at.

Aslan wasn't there- He wasn't, after all, a tame lion (though Edmund thought sometimes He wouldn't be present at such an event, considering the falsity of their marriage)- and thus, it was Peter who would coronate Sanya as Tumnus placed the tiara (silver and delicate, vined with violet-like flowers made of ivory, with pearls hanging out as faux stamens and pistils) on her head.

"By the power and honour of being High King, vested in me by the Great Lion Aslan, I name Princess Sanya of Rihaaya as the Chosen Consort of King Edmund the Just."
Peter's voice boomed through the crowded hall, Sanya kneeling in front of him, Tumnus moving forward to place the tiara and did Peter have to say 'chosen'? Edmund couldn't even roll his eyes, he was right beside the Princess. "Rise, Queen Consort Sanya, as you are pledged and promised to be by my brother's side for ever and after as a wise Ruler and faithful companion until the end of our reign and life."

Sanya rose, her face solemn and impassive as ever, and Edmund couldn't help noticing the wonderful contrast between her silver-and-pearl tiara and her wavy dark hair. Well, he supposed it was good he was noticing her hair for once, and not her breasts.
Aaaand he was noticing inappropriate things again. If it had been a normal marriage instead of an alliance, a marriage where they actually spoke to each other, it would've been utterly alright, because spouses did look at each other- didn't they?
But it wasn't, and he himself had told her that he didn't expect anything, anything at all from her- and it had been wifely obligations he meant, but sex as well.
He was awful! He didn’t want to think this- feel this! How much more wretched could he become?