It Never Ends

(Tori c:)

Zack hasn't said much to me in the past three days. Not since our fight, if that's what it even was. A spat, an argument, whatever it was. I know I should probably be the one to apologize, having pushed him away, but I can't find the nerve to even say anything to him. I've always been that way with people, I don't talk first. I'd rather people come to me, I don't ask for help, and I try to be independent. I try to figure things out my way, even if I fail. 

It always ends the same way, anyway. Someone gets hurt. Then I feel like shit. And everything comes crashing down. If silence is how it has to be, if that'll be the end, well I'm not going to screw around. I'd mess everything up if I did. 

I was walking to the Quad, to meet Tori, when of course, I was stopped by Vance; because no one was around. Fuck, why now?        

"Hey, Xander. Why you by yourself?"

I bit my lip and muttered, "I'm waiting for Tori. What do you want?" I had to avoid eye contact, cause you know, right now, I don't even wanna look at the dude. Not that I ever did before, but now really isn't a good time. 

"Oh, nothing." Vance smiled, revealing perfect, pearly white teeth. "I just wanted to ask if you were going to the game tonight."

"Ha, you're funny." I scoffed. "So your 'friends' can torture me, no thanks."

"I wouldn't let them."

"Defending the faggot never ends well." I rolled my eyes. 

"We wouldn't be with them afterwards, Xander." 

"We?" I raised a brow. "You really think I want to hang out with you?"

Thankfully, Tori saved my ass. :D

"Hey, Vance, what're you doing here?" She stood there, giving him a dirty look. Even had a hand on her hip. Ya know, the one that didn't hold her Starbucks Cappuccino (White bitch). "You thinking about being a douche to Xander?"

Vance raised his hands in defense. "N-no, I was just stopping by. Walking across the quad to meet the guys. Saw Xander. So I said hi." 

Damn, Tori, intimidate!

I grinned, glad to have her as my best friend. "Well, your friends are probably waiting. Don't wanna be late, right?" 

Weirdly enough, only when I'm with Tori, am I this confident. I could probably say alot worse to Vance, but I chose to be smart and not say anything. I'm being nice, today, anyway. For a change.

Vance groaned, giving up, as he walked away. Tori turned to me, sipping her coffee. Not that Starbucks should even be considered coffee, it's just water and old coffee beans to me. "What'd he say to you?"

I shrugged. "He just asked if I was going to the football game tonight." 

Tori looked confused. "Weird." 

I responded simply, "Maybe he was asking because he figured you'd be with me." Obviously, that wasn't true, but Tori doesn't believe Vance is gay. She's oblivious, and I think she's still a little into him, which makes me feel like a total dick for lying to her. 

"Do you think he still likes me? Honest." She was sort of giddy, which irritated me. Not because she's infatuated with a gay guy, but because it's way too early for that shit. 

"Talk to him, find out," I said shortly. 

"Can't you ask?" She pouted cutely. 

Uh, no, I know the answer. ;-;