Don't Fall in Love

Zack and I talked alot. Nothing really serious came up, we just talked about our lives, considering we hadn't seen each other in years. He was still the same kid, in all honesty, just with a new look. He was still funny, kind of douchy; cocky. 

In all honesty, I think I'm the one who changed. I'd become a different person since we last saw each other. My taste in music, clothes, and everything else is probably something he wouldn't have expected. And when we were twelve, I didn't know I was gay. So I guess that's sort of a change. I was just 'curious' then. And hell, I doubt he's even gay, he's probably just messing around. I give off a 'gay' vibe to most people apparently, so he could probably guess. That, and I said I wanted to fuck Death The Kid. >.> 

I mean, we're cousins, so even if we did like each other, it wouldn't happen. It really couldn't happen. My- Well, OUR family, would hate us. And I'd be disowned, for being attracted to my 'cousin,' even if I was adopted into the family. God, why am I thinking about this? Incest, even if it's not even really incest, is wrong. It's almost like a crime, it's illegal. 

 "So, Xander, how've you been?" Zack cleared his throat. At the word 'Been,' it cracked, so I guess that was his cover. I've seen guys do it.

I shrugged. "I've been fine, but I've been better, at the same time." Lies. I was never fine. At least, if I ever was, I don't remember now. It's been too long. 

"Eh, same. I just got dumped last month." He sighed. "Didn't really like him, anyway, right, that's what I'm supposed to say?"

Holy shit, he really is gay?

"I haven't really dated," I admitted, my face turning scarlett. "So, I don't really know what that's like."

He grimaced. "Eh, dating's kind of pointless. Don't fall in love, there's way too much to lose. You get close, so close that you want to run off with them and be alone, be free... Young forever, until something happens and it gets in the way. Tears it all to shreds. That's kind of what happened, with my exboyfriend last month." He turned away. "I'm sorry I'm telling you this, Xander, it's really not all that important."

"Hey, don't say that," I said softly, wanting to comfort him but not be weird about it. I've only ever comforted Tori, and it wasn't weird because we aren't into each other. Obviously. "We're family, Zack, even if we aren't technically. It's okay." 

 Zack sighed. "I just don't like talking about this stuff, and I don't want my cousin who hasn't seen me in years to think I'm a pansy." 

"You're not a pansy, Zack." I chuckled. "Everyone has their moments. Everyone cries, everyone gets hurt. It's life. I may not know anything about that kind of thing, love, but I'm sure I'll find a guy to do it."

Zack raised a brow. "You're gay, too?"

I nodded. "Yes, sir, I am." 

"I would never have guessed." I could tell he was joking by the lack of seriousness in his voice. There was more comedy than anything, and I know how Zack is, always cracking jokes; I didn't take it too seriously. "I kind of actually knew when we last saw each other."

I flipped my bangs away from my face. "You just knew I was too fabulous." 

Zack shoved me playfully. "Totally." And when he looked in my eyes, I wanted to melt. 

They were probably the most beautiful color I'd ever seen. Turquoise with little bits of gold surrounding the blue-green rings. Those beautiful orbs were watching me. I couldn't tell what the meaning was, or why he was looking at me, but I was curious as to what would happen next. I was curious what would happen if I kissed him.

I didn't have to worry about curiosity, because he kissed me. 

And I swear to God, though it was my first kiss, it was definitely the best I'd ever have...

I think. :l