The Date disaster

Dan;

As we headed out on the cold winter morning I couldnt help but smile as I was going to be spending the day with the girl who had stolen my heart from the day I met her. We went into a small cafe and got our hot chocolates. I paid for Ashleighs as its only the nessacary thing to do on a date. 

We sat at a table and began drinking our drinks. We spoke about our childhood stories and Christmas. 

"Have you gotten any early presents then yet?" I asked Ashleigh as she sipped her drink.

"Not really except yesterday Ella did buy me this amazing dress I wanted but its so fancy I have no idea of when I can wear it" She said looking down at her cup..

This gave me an idea that I could use at a later date towards Christmas..

"Im sure youll find something to wear it to" I said smiling creating my little plan.

We began speaking of how we hadnt got presents for some people yet and how I had no idea what to get Phil or Ella. 

"Ill come shopping with you if you like?" Ashleigh offered smiling 

"Alright" I agreed smiling.

After our hot chocolates we headed out to buy presents. I got a tin for "random crap" for Phil. I liked getting jokey presents since they made people laugh if they were the right type of people... And I also got a necklace for Ella which Ashleigh helped me pick. Ashleigh also asked about why Ella had a small Manchester-esque accent whilst I had my Winnie the Pooh voice..I explained that my voice never really picked up the accent as we grew up in Berkshire.. 

"I like your voice" Ashleigh said smiling

"I like yours.." I replied whilst I stood infront of her and lifted up her chin.

I really wanted to kiss her at this point but this was our first date.. The urge to kiss her began too much as I began to bend down slightly since she was smaller than me but suddenly a girl walked past interupting my moment. 

"Oh my god, Dan is that you?" A girl said. I instantly recognised her. It was Abbie. My ex. The annoyingly obsessed one who me and Phil both believed still fancied me.. I wasnt in the best moods with her as she ruined my perfect moment but I still tried to remain nice. 

"Hi Abbie" I said trying to force a smile as she began giving me a hug. 

"How are you? You look even better than last time I saw you" Abbie said eyeing me up. I felt like I had been raped by eyes if thats even a feeling.. Abbie was the flirty type who made it blatantly obvious.

"Im good, just been doing my youtube channel and stuff" I replied still trying to force a smile.

Abbie began talking about how she had heard me on my weekly show with Phil and how it was amazing that I had all this. Until she began looking at Ashleigh and glared at her saying "Whose your little friend here?" looking down at Ash.. I really didnt like how Abbie made any of my female friends feel. Especially when they are Ashleigh.. I wanted to blurt out the words "My girlfriend so leave her alone" but I remembered as much as I wanted Ashleigh to be my girlfriend, she wasnt. I felt protective over Ashleigh. She was so small but had such a big personality.

"This is Ashle-" I began as Abbie cut me off.

"Aw how cute.. Well I better get going but if you ever feel like it stop by and we can have a little fun.." Abbie said winking at me. She began to walk away. I hated the fact Abbie didnt even say hello to Ash. I also hated the fact Abbie had just practically asked me to have random sex with her right infront of Ashleigh. Abbie knows that I have trouble with girls and I would never be that guy who runs off to do that. 

Ashleigh asked who she was and I explained to her that she was my ex and how she was full on with the flirting.

The moment between me and Ashleigh had gone. Instead it was replaced for awkward silence. I didnt like it. And it was Abbies doing. 

"Maybe we should get back to the apartment.. Its now 3pm" Ashleigh said quietly..

She didnt look happy. Its like she just wanted to get home away from me. I began wondering whether Abbie had caused all this making her want to leave.

"Oh.. ok then" I replied disapointedly. I didnt want today to end with her. Not like this.

We both went back to the apartment and Ashleigh went straight to her room. She didnt even say "thank you" or "see you later". I wanted to talk to her and explain that im sorry Abbie ruined our date. 

I went straight to Phils room and sat on my bed.

"fuck" I said quietly as I put my head in my hands.. Maybe I had ruined our date. Maybe Ashleigh didnt even like me. Maybe she got weirded out at the fact I was about to kiss her. I lay there procrastinating about today wondering what on earth to do.