Tracy x Luca

"Luca! I'm over here!" Tracy yelled, starting to fiddle with her controller. Her puppet spawned behind her, standing up straight and dusting off his hands. He was ready for action.

Today was like any other. Tracy smiled and brushed aside the hair from her face, her eyes twinkling with delight and excitement. It was Sacred Heart Hospital, as usual per the last few matches, and she didn't know who the hunter was, though she'd probably find out soon (She cursed her "decoder's curse" silently under her breath). She was in the ruins near the shack, and there were two ciphers here! It was just an ordinary match like any other, except...

"TRACY!!"

She turned around just in time to see Luca running towards her with open arms. She laughed and opened hers as well to hug him tightly. He crashed into her and they fell onto the floor, a tangle of giggling limbs.

"Tracy!!" He purred again, rubbing his face against hers. She felt electricity run through her, whether it was the happiness of seeing him or his electricity rubbing off of her, she didn't know. She laughed and wrapped her arms around him, squeezing him against her chest and burying her face in his messy, brown hair.

"I missed you too!!!" She said, her voice muffled. She felt him laugh into her chest and squeezed him tighter before letting him go. He got off of her and held out his hand for her to take, which she gladly did.

"I'm so glad that we spawned next to each other!" He said giddly, bouncing on his toes. She hummed an agreement and used her puppet to decode the cipher in front of them. Luca was squealing and running around her in delight; she couldn't help but laugh.

"Ah! My heart is beating so fast because of you!" He cried in joy.

"Same here! It's... pounding really loudly in my ears." She started to feel uneasy, but Luca's bright mood made her push her worried thoughts aside. It wasn't often she got into a match with him, and she wanted to enjoy every single moment she had with him. Luca crouched down and started to connect ciphers. After he connected two, he stood up with a slightly worried face.

"You know, my heart is starting to race a lot quicker than usual. Like... more intense than when I'm with you." His eyes went wide and he turned to her and flailed his arms about. "N-Not saying that I'm not happy to be in a match with you!!! I'm super duper excited it's just--"

"Just what?"

"It's just that-- wait, you didn't say that."

Indeed, Tracy hadn't said anything at all. She was standing as still as a statue, looking behind him. Her face started to become pale. He smiled, and with a calm composure, he turned around to see Mary, the Bloody Queen, standing with a sinister smile.

"How are you two cipher machine maniacs?" She asked, lifting her mirror shard up next to her face. The two decoders looked at their terrified reflections and gulped.

"Everything is great." Tracy forced out.

Everything was not great. Everything was, in fact, the opposite of great. She glanced over at her puppet who was still decoding, not having met a calibration yet. She returned her frightful gaze to the hunter, who was coming closer.

"Oh, is that so?" Mary asked, stopping in front of the prisoner. Tracy gulped and took a step back. Luca was too afraid to move.

"Then please allow me to change that."

It all happened so quickly, Tracy could barely keep up. Her mind couldn't register the action of Mary hitting Luca, all she knew was that he was injured and that she had to get out as fast as possible.

"T-The hunter is near me!" Luca yelled out, turning around and vaulting a window. Tracy ran towards the shack before using her puppet to asses the situation. The cipher machine was 75% done. She could finish it. She left her puppet to decode as she ran to find another cipher. Luckily for them, someone had already finished one cipher, so there were 4 left. Luca had already connected two, and Tracy would do the rest.