Ask: Michiko's delicious cooking

Her eyes brightened and she quickly stood up.
"I'd love to do some of my cooking!" She exclaimed before blushing and covering her face with her fan. "I do Japanese and Chinese cuisine but today I'll do Chinese." She smiled and clapped her hands, instantly changing into a cooking outfit.
"Alright, let's get to it!"

SKIP IF YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT THE PROCESS AND RECIPE
Chicken Marinade:
2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch cubes
6 tablespoons sesame oil
2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
Stir-Fry:
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons cornstarch
Vegetable or peanut oil
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 tablespoon minced ginger
4 tablespoons Chinese Shoaxing rice wine
2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon sambal chili sauce
1 tablespoon Thai chili sauce
1 lemon, zest and juice
Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
Scallions, thinly sliced on an angle, for garnish
Rice, for serving

Michiko surrounded herself with the ingredients and needed utensils. She smiled again.
"Alright, we'll be making the chicken marinade first. what you'll need to do is combine the chicken with the sesame oil, sugar, soy sauce and pepper in a mixing bowl." She put on a pair of gloves and started to pour in the ingredients.
"Then," she continued. "You have to toss the chicken to coat. Cover it and then place it in the refrigerator and let it sit for 1 hour."

1 HOUR LATER...

She took out the chicken from the fridge and set it down on the table.
"Next, add 1 cup cornstarch to a shallow baking dish and dredge each piece of chicken, be sure to shake off any excess!" She started to dredge (cover) the chicken and shake off the cornstarch. However, the cornstarch flew everywhere and she shrieked.
"U-Uhm, could someone else do this? I'm not very good at this step." She blushed in embarrassment, not used to asking for help.
Once Jack had finished helping, Michiko returned to the spotlight.
"Now, fill a Dutch oven or high-sided saute pan with enough oil to completely submerge the chicken pieces." She paused to do it. "Heat over high heat until it's glossy and the temperature reaches 375 degrees in Fahrenheit." She paused again to wait for the oil to reach what she desired. "Now, you deep fry the chicken until it's golden brown, so about 3 minutes." She placed in a few chicken wings. "Remember to add your chicken in batches to avoid overcrowding and to keep your oil from dropping in temperature too much." She started to remove the already fried chicken. "When you're done, move it to a paper towel-lined plate."
She finished frying all of the chicken.
"In a large saute pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and ginger and cook until golden brown and fragrant, about 30 seconds. Next, add the rice wine, hoisin, oyster sauce, soy sauce, honey and the chili sauces; bring to a simmer."
After she had completed that, she stated "In a glass measuring cup, mix the remaining 2 tablespoons cornstarch with 1/4 cup very cold water. Make sure you water is cold to avoid lumps! Whisk it until it's combined. Then, add the mixture to the sauce and simmer for an additional minute, until the sauce thickens. You can adjust the seasoning to your taste."
"Now, add in the fried chicken and toss it to coat with the sauce. Add the lemon zest and juice. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and scallions."
She placed the chicken over plates of warm rice.
"Then, serve it with rice!"
END OF RECIPE
Michiko smiled and told everyone to start eating. Everyone loved it.
"It tastes so good!"
"Could you cook some more?"
"You should cook more often!"
She laughed and covered her face with her fan.
"T-thank you guys!"

It's done yay! Whoo kk!