10

The bus ride back home to Karasuno wasn't anything special. Tanaka has teased them for taking so long, claiming that they were probably doing something unholy to some younger members in the bus. Before the spiker could even finish his accusation, Sugawara had jabbed him in the side, just below the rib cage. Earning a yelp from the second year but also silence much to Asahi and Nishinoya's relief.

"Why were you guys taking so long anyways?" Daichi asked, curiosity lacing his voice as he raised an eyebrow.

"That number 15 guy came back and Ashai kicked his ass!" Noya explained excitedly, his eyes sparkling.

Everyone's mouths dropped open, laying agape in surprise that Asahi even had the courage to raise his fist. He was also so shy, Nishinoya was normally the one protecting the ace.

"N-no! No, that's not what happened!" Asahi interrupted. His brown eyes filled with anxiety and panic as he looked from Noya to Daichi.  He ran a hand through his hair and let out a breath of air.

"That guy did come back and he grabbing Noya and I just- I don't know I punched him and we ran! That's all!" He reassured. Asahi hated fighting, he didn't understand why people fought each other when there could be a easier, more peaceful solution. Though despite his explanation everyone's surprise didn't seem to calm down. Shocked expressions were still on their faces.

"I didn't think you had it in you Asahi!" Sugawara explained, gently patting his friends shoulder. "I'm glad you stuck up for him!" He explained with a smile.

After the initial shock died down everyone relaxed and went back to resting. The game was intense and took a lot out of them. As soon as the bus began to drive Kageyama and Hinata fell asleep, the orange headed male asleep on the talkers shoulder.

Everyone did their own thing. Nishinoya was resting his hand against the ace, their fingers intertwined  tightly, hidden by Asahi's Karasuno volleyball club jacket.

"It was super cool what you did though" Noya spoke up, yet keeping his voice in a whisper for some odd reason. Either way, the soft voice made Asahi immediately looked down at the other. "Not because you just punched the guy either"

Asahi looked confused, his eyebrows furrowing together. "Noya what do you-?"

"I mean that I know you hate violence and stuff. It took a lot of guts to do something like that. It...means a lot to me that you stuck up for me like that" he admitted, a light but barely noticeable blush on his face.

Ashai smiled at the libero and squeezed his hand. "I'd do a lot for you Nishinoya" he admitted softly, causing the smaller to look up at him, his eyes sparkling. Noya moved in closer, leaning up and kisses Asahi's lips, closing his eyes as he did so. Asahi's face flushed red but he kissed back. Eventually both pulling away, smiling happily at each other. Neither knew in that moment how no one on the team noticed their kiss but either way, they were happy.

Author here!
That is it for the story! Yes I know it's short but there wasn't really much that I could write. At least not in my eyes. Anyways! I hope you all enjoyed it! It took me a lot of time to write and I really enjoyed writing it! Some of the things you guys put in the comments made me laugh so hard and it made me really happy that you enjoyed it!