6

Asahi and Noya started to head to the nurses ward. It didn't take long, it wasn't like the school they were playing at was huge. Plus, most schools had signs placed around the school so it wasn't too difficult.

Noya had taken a deep breath when they approached the door Asahi noticed and he gently rubbed his back for comfort. Nishinoya smiled softly at the gesture. Asahi opened the door and they both walked through. The nurse turned around and sighed.

"The match hasn't even started yet- which one of you is injured?"She asked. She obviously didn't want to do her job, she didn't look the happiest. Noya raised his good hand and the nurse sighed and gestured toward the medical table.

He looked towards the medical table and stepped on the stool in order to sit on the table. He cursed his genetics for making him short. He always did when something noticeable that dealt with his height. His face must've shown it because Asahi laughed lightly, covering his mouth as he easily sat down next to Noya. Seeing Asahi laugh, Noya couldn't help but smile. He pouted playfully at Asahi.

The nurse sighed and pulled up a chair, sitting in front of Nishinoya. "Alright, you two, stop flirting! I have a job to do"

Nishinoya and Asahi immediately stopped, Asahi's face going bright red and Nishinoya switching his gaze to the floor, his cheeks brushed with a light pink. The nurse chuckled at the two oblivious boys. Or perhaps they knew their feelings and were both too shy to say anything, either way it was funny to watch them squirm.

"Alright, let me see"She said in maybe the most positive voice the two boys heard her speak in since they arrived.

Nishinoya gently held out his injured wrist, and upon the sight of it the nurse visibly cringed. Nishinoya sighed "thanks for the boost of confidence..."

"Sorry, I'm just wondering how you have a break this bad and you didn't even reach the court yet"She gently held his wrist and even this caused Nishinoya to flinch away from her. Asahi gently rubbed the smaller boy's back, hoping to provide some sort of comfort. He began to explained the story, figuring Nishinoya was already annoyed.

Nishinoya was in fact annoyed, he was glad Asahi took over for him because he did not want to have to explain that story for the third time. He froze, did she say break? His head flicked up. "Break? Did you say break?"He didn't even care that he cut off Asahi in the middle of his story. He would apologize later but he needed to know.

The nurse shook her head"oh yeah, this is definitely broken. I just don't know how bad. You'll probably need to head to the hospital for an x-ray"She explained.

Nishinoya felt his world just shatter. He knew it wouldn't be the end of his career, at least he hoped it wasn't, but that means he was probably done for the year. He wasn't ready for it to be over, they had a real chance at nationals. Hell he just got back into the damn sport, he even got Asahi back. Why would he want to stop.

Asahi's face softened, he continued to rub Nishinoya's back. He wanted to help, he really did but he didn't know how. "Noya, we should probably get you to the hospital"

His head shot up and looked at Asahi, shaking his head. "No way!"He shouted. "I'm not leaving if the match is going on! I can't do much, I won't play, but I can at least cheer you guys ok!"He was nearly shouting. He really wanted to be there. He wanted to watch the match go down, he needed to see them win.

Asahi physically flinched at Nishinoya's shouting. It wasn't even the fact that he was shouting that made him flinch. It was how determined he was, how he still wanted to be there. Nishinoya must've been the strongest person he knew because there was no way he would've done that. Asahi nodded slowly and looked at the nurse who only sighed in response.

"I can wrap it up for you to help for now"She explained as she grabbed some wrap that was laying on her desk. She gently took his wrist and began to wrap it. Nishinoya leaned against Asahi as she wrapped it. It hurt, he was clenching his jaw to stop himself for yelling out.

Asahi looked down at the other worryingly. Nishinoya didn't really like showing when he was in pain. He had explained to him that he was the libero and Liberos were often getting bruised up all of the time. He was used to it, he had told him but clearly he wasn't used to this level of pain. Asahi gently held his good hand and he immediately felt Nishinoya squeeze it. He smiled softly at him as the nurse finished up wrapping Noya's wrist.

"I'll find your coaches and bring them here"She said getting up and leaving the room.

Asahi looked at Noya. He felt like he needed to say something. Like he needed to comfort him somehow. "Nishinoya-"

"Thank you Asahi...."

Asahi turned towards Nishinoya, eyes wide. He didn't know what he was expecting but it definitely wasn't a calm Nishinoya. "W-what?"

Nishinoya looked up at him, his brown eyes looking up at Asahi. "I said thank you, you big dork! I'm a mess, I don't know what I'd do without you"He said smiling at him.

Asahi felt his cheeks heat up slightly at the others big compliment. He wasn't prepared for that, why did it feel so hot? Why was it so damn hot. "Thank you, er- what! Your welcome?"He said like it was a question.

Nishinoya laughed and leaned back against the giant. He found it comforting to be with Asahi. He was about to say something when the door opened, relieving Takeda and Ukai, causing the two teenagers to look towards them.

"The games on"