3

"If I can't play and nothing happens to this number 15 guy, then you have to go through with the match Asahi! You need to promise me!"He shouted.

Asahi was taken aback but Nishinoya's sudden passion. He had always been passionate about volleyball, it was Nishinoya's life but he had never expressed it to this level. As much as Asahi did t want to admit it, but he didn't want to make that promise. Part of him wanted to go on strike or something, but he knew it wouldn't help at all.

Instead he gave a small smile as he put a hand on Nishinoya's shoulder. "I can promise you this, I'm not letting that guy walk out of here with his pride intact. Wether that means shutting down the match or absolutely destroying him in the game. Okay?" There was a small edge in his tone and out of all people, Asahi was not an aggressive person. Even so, totally annihilating revenge didn't seem so bad. To try to cover it up he playfully ruffled Nishinoya's hair, causing him to chuckle. He then stood up, offering a hand to help him up.

Nishinoya took it and stood up on his feet. As he got up, Asahi was about to offer if he wanted to go on his back but then he realized that he hurt his wrist, not his legs. He didn't need his wrist for walking. He mentally kicked himself for that one.

They began to walk and Asahi noticed how Nishinoya still seemed upset. He didn't look back up at him but instead starred at the floor as they walked. It could've been because of his injury? Maybe Nishinoya thought they'd lose? He didn't know but he didn't have his usual pep in his step.

"H-hey, cheer up, alright? If we play, we're going to win. We're an awesome team, even without you!"He said happily, trying to cheer him up. Nishinoya raises an eyebrow in confusion. After a few seconds Asahi then realized how offensive he must've sounded.

He freaked out.

"Uh-! Wait, no, not that you're not important! I'm sorry! Oh god, I didn't mean it like that! I just mean— you know—"Asahi was in a total panic but Nishinoya laughed, he actually laughed.

He started off smiling as soon as his friend started to apologize frantically then it turned into a laugh. He knew Asahi meant nothing by what he said and found it found how much he could freak out over minor things sometimes.

"No! Asahi your okay! I'm not mad, a little hurt, but I know what you meant!"He explained as he brought his good arm up to heart, being dramatic on purpose to show that it was okay.

He chuckled again"I know you guys would manage just fine without me! It's just-"He bit his tongue to stop himself from talking. He didn't want to make Asahi worry more then he already has. He already did that too much as it was. Nishinoya also hated sappy feelings, he liked being upbeat and positive.

Even as Nishinoya talked Asahi still seemed to be tormenting himself and he knew he probably would for the rest of the day. Even if Nishinoya didn't seem upset by it, Asahi upset himself.

After he had stopped cringing at himself he realized that Nishinoya had trailed off and he he frowned. What kind of friend was Asahi if he couldn't make his friends feel comfortable when talking about anything?

"...it's just what? Do you want to try to call off the match after all? I'll talk to Dachi if you want me to! Seriously, anything you need, just let me know," He offered everything in a rush, as if he wanted to help him as quickly as humanly possible.

Nishinoya smiled in response. He loved how caring and considerate Asahi he was. He would never understand how he could do it all of the time.

Even so he quickly looked up and turned to his friend"no! You have to play in the match! It needs to keep going!"He started. He was shouting, frantically, and he immediately cussed at himself in his head. He didn't want Asahi to think he was made him, because he wasn't. He was just frustrated, he felt awful afterwards.

"It's just- damn it! I feel so useless Asahi! What kind of libero am I if I can't even push through a little pain and help you guys out!"He exclaimed, still shouting slightly. Even as he shouted, his voice sounded strained, like he was holding something back.