4

"It's just- damn it! I feel so useless Asahi! What kind of libero am I if I can't even push through a little pain and help you guys out!"He exclaimed, still shouting slightly. Even as he shouted, his voice sounded strained, like he was holding something back.

Asahi couldn't help but stiffen up when Nishinoya raised his voice. Not because he worried that he was mad at him-which might have been the case- but because he hated seeing him in distress at all. He wished he could make all of his problems disappear.

Asahi's expression changed from sadden to stern within a quick second. "Noya"He began talking almost in a scolding tone. "You are the best libero, and one of the best people I know. End of story. You're irreplaceable to the team, we might be fine playing one match but without you we would fall apart. You couldn't be useless if you tried." In these small moments is where Asahi would find words of encouragement he almost resembled Dachi in a way.

His serious, sincere voice then disappeared, being replaced with his normal, more apprehensive tone. "B-besides! Stop saying stuff like that! What if someone else got hurt huh? What if I hurt my wrist and couldn't play? Would I be useless?"He asked. He hoped Nishinoya was respond positively or this would be extremely awkward.

As Asahi talked Nishinoya didn't look back up at him. He rubbed his bad arm nervously as he listen and starred at the floor. He was grateful that Asahi was trying to help but he couldn't help feeling useless. He was only reminded of this when looked down at his wrist. It had started swell and turn into hues of blacks, purples and blue.

He snapped out of it however once Asahi brought himself up. Saying what if it was him instead that got hurt. Truth be told, Nishinoya didn't even want to think about that, he couldn't imagine Asahi being in his situation right now. He quickly turned to Asahi.

"No! Of course not! You could never be useless!"He exclaimed. He telling the truth as well. He could never view Asahi as useless. He would do something to make himself useful. Even if it was the smallest thing, he would figure it out.

Asahi almost felt bad to a degree. He could tell that using his unusual stern and serious voice was making Nishinoya nervous which isn't what he wanted. He just wanted to get the point across.

Then he felt relived and even a little flattered at his friends response. He gestured his hands as of saying 'well there ya have it' sort of manner nodding once.

"It's exactly the same with you, even if you never played at all, you just being around makes everyone happy! We would never be half as good as we are now if we didn't have you. You're perfect just the way you are"Asahi explained further. Nishinoya almost felt his face flush a light shade of pink and he chuckled.

Asahi have a decisive smiled"repeat after me, 'I am perfect just the way I am'"He looked at the other expectantly only to see him laugh.

"Ya ya I see!"He said looking at his friend. He smirked and repeated" I am perfect just the way I am!"He shouted, his enthusiasm and happiness seemed to come right back to him.

As Nishinoya repeated him, Asahi grinned, and patted him on the back firmly laughing a little. "There you go! See?"He said happily, his mood changed in a instant. Nishinoya seemed to always have that effect on him. He was sure if he was having the worst day of his life that Noya's smile could make him feel like the luckiest man in the world.

He glanced towards his friends wrist and felt worried once again. They were almost to the locker rooms which he was thankful for. He wanted to get that wrist checked out as soon as they could even if he did put on a happy persona for his friends sake. He opened the door for Nishinoya, all gentlemen like.

Nishinoya smiled and gracefully bowed as he went through the door and it caused Asahi to chuckled. He looked around in the locker and breathed out a sigh of relief not seeing the rest of the team. They were already in the gym getting warmed up. He was thankful for that, he didn't feel like being swarmed with questions. He turned back towards Asahi and waited for him patiently which was odd for Noya. Since he wasn't a patient person but he had a small exception for Asahi.