Chapter 18-Day 4

I wake up first and I look around, Jillian fell asleep on her watch again and I smile and nudge her. She wakes up and looks at me with another sheepish grin and murmurs, "sorry I'll do better tonight I promise."

I shake my head, "you're going first tonight," and I wake Ally up.

We take turns doing our business in what we now call the "poop tree" as I come back Ally looks up and says, " you slept really well last night."

I think about it and I guess I didn't have a dream about Jonah, but I usually wake up rested so I ask, "what do you mean? I feel normal."

The girl exchange looks, "well you usually groan in your sleep, and the other night you were crying, but we didn't want to wake you up," Jillian supplies.

Ally adds, "you usually make noise and cry. Callum said it happened most nights." Callum and I share a bedroom so he would know and Ally shares a paper thin wall next to my bed.

"I'm sorry. I didn't realize I did that. how long has it been happening?" I ask.

"Mostly just the last year ....which makes sense, but Callum said they started after mom left," she is avoiding my eyes.

I'm taken aback and feel Jillian reach other rub my arm. I look at her and smile, "Ally cat, I'm sorry you had to hear that, I thought I was talking in my sleep, if I make too much noise wake my up next time," I say with a shaky voice.

They both agree and Jillian says, " the cuts on your arm are mostly healed. look," I look at the slash from Titus just looks like a cut, and the one from Hex three days ago is just a scar now.

I look at my hands which should have the damage from years of work at the dairy farm, "dang my hands are healed too. look," I show mostly Ally, " that scar from....uh that accident is gone." I look at my left arm and it still shows the damage of my life, "I guess it has to be applied to the area cause my left arm looks normal, see!" 

Jillian rolls her eyes, "yes. yes you have pretty arms that the boys of district 10 will love to see them," I push her away and smile.

"Let's eat and figure out our plan today. Just four others to find," I say and I pull out the fruit, some bread and the rest of the cheese cause it will go bad today.

As I do this Ally speaks up, "I think we should look for Bonnie, she's probably alone now."

I look at her, "what makes you think that?" I ask even though I'm sure she is right.

"Well, we know that Romulus and Aurora will work together until you are gone," she points to me, "Harbor and River were probably with them, seeing as you killed their other normal teammates in the bloodbath." I nod and remember Topaz and Bella, and district 4 works well with 1 and 2 some years but not always. "So Harbor is either, with them or also alone, but we don't know and she is differently not with Bonnie either way. I think Sage and Heidi were together cause those other two cannons went off after the monkeys ran away. we know Titus killed one person yesterday, so it makes sense to me that he killed River and the monkeys killed the girls, and you got Titus," she finishes.

"The rockslide killed Titus," I corrected.

Jillian looks up, " right the "rockslide" and you throwing a spear had NOTHING to do with it. I think it's weird that they did the rockslide anyways right then," she say and keeps eating.

My face says it's all cause she shallows and adds, "they could have triggered that rockslide at any point, but they did it just after you wound Titus so he can't run, think about what he was saying and all the blood. something tells me Big boy over there was having some fun that went against the rulebook, and I don't want to know what happened. But I'm hoping it was River and not one of the girls," and she leaves it at that.