𝒗𝒊𝒊. god forsaken rooster

seven

seven

okay, so maybe big john's pocket watch washing up in scooter's boat didn't look good. but according to john b it was a sign that his dad was still out there, though all of his friends knew that this made it more likely that he wasn't. marina had been watching john b as he fumbled with the compass in his hand, he probably wouldn't put it down if she paid him it hadn't left his sight since they found it. to be completely honest, if she was in his shoes, she'd be in shock too. it was no surprise that he didn't want jj to start examining it – he could be quite clumsy.

"hey, don't," john b exclaimed, trying to snatch the metal disk back from the blonde.

"i was just looking at it." jj said, continuously flipping it around between his fingers. "i've gotta admit, your fathers compass in scooter's boat. that's freaky."

"yeah, that's why we're going to speak to miss lana, figure this whole thing out." john b responded, like it was completely obvious that would be what they were doing.

"i'm sure she would just love to talk to us, it's not like her husband just drowned or anything." jj stated sarcastically, earning a slap on the arm from the girl who had managed to squeeze between their seats.

"it's actually not a bad idea." marina agreed with John B, in turn she earned a confused glance from jj. "think about it, she probably knows something about why he was out there in the storm with big john's compass."

the twinkie came to a stop outside of lana grubbs's colourful house. marina had always appreciated how quiet and tranquil lana's house was, however on this occasion there was nothing but noise. shouting, smashing, screaming.

"you know what this looks like? whoever lives here smokes too much weed." jj stated, waving his hand towards the colourful walls.

"i love it here." marina told him.

"my point exactly."

the shouting echoed from inside, followed by loud crashes and thuds. voices that could only belong to men were heard as they stormed around lana's small wooden home. marina struggled to catch a full sentence but caught the sound of a few words that the men shouted about. it sounded horrendous.

"maybe we should come back. it's a little too soon." jj panicked, trying to lure both of his friends into leaving the area before they got caught by these angry men.

"no, no, shut up jj." john b snapped, continuing to walk towards the house.

marina had agreed with jj, it was not a good idea to start meddling in fights when they had no idea what they were about. she also knew how jj hated being around loud smashes and arguing – it reminded him too much of his dad. which was why she instinctively walked slightly ahead of him, holding his hand, like her much smaller frame could shield him from the noise.