𝒗𝒊𝒊𝒊. go for gold

eight

eight

"come on, please, i've found something," john b pleaded on marina's front porch, gesturing his arm toward the twinkie in the driveway. "mar, please."

"fine, let me get dressed." she sighed, rolling her eyes. john b grinned, sprinting back to the twinkie whilst marina slouched her way up to her bedroom.

she was in the middle of a 'pamper night' filled with face masks and body scrubs, however it was clear that would not be happening as she pulled her damp hair into a slick bun and threw an oversized tracksuit over her body. it was rare for marina to leave the house looking less than fashion-show ready, but she didn't have a choice, she was in a rush.

the boys sat patiently in the van as she ran down to the open passenger door and jumped into the back. all three of them looked at her with raised eyebrows at her chosen attire.

"warm enough?" jj asked, passing the joint through the seats into marina's hand.

"its the first thing i found." she shrugged, "besides, its my ultimate disguise." she laughed, pulling her hood over her head.

before she knew it, the twinkie had pulled up outside the wreck and marina grinned widely as pope began to climb out in order to get kiara. "p, fries." she ordered, putting a ten dollar bill into his hand.

pope said nothing and walked up the stairs into the wreck, emerging a few moments later with a small tray of fries. "she says she's not coming." pope announced, handing the tray to marina.

"why not?" jj asked, "what'd you do to her, john b?"

"shit. hang on, i'll deal with it." he replied before going into the wreck.

"potato?" marina offered to the two remaining boys who gladly took a handful each. "where is he taking us?" both boys shrugged in response as john b and kiara exited the restaurant, loading into the twinkie before jb sped out of the parking lot.

"you mind if i just relax on this one?" jj asked, taking a drag from his freshly lit joint, "its been a long day, and a lot of weird stuffs gone down. i'm just gonna lay low - oh, did you want a hit of this?" he asked pope.

"i keep the signal clear." pope rejected.

"dude, okay, do you understand that your problem is that you don't get creative? if you got creative then-" jj rambled.

"shut up." rina scoffed, taking the joint from jj's hand, causing him to lurch forwards over the seats and battle with the girl for it back.