chapter three

So with much conviction, I withheld from telling my family about him but needed to find  a way out of tht house.

How do I get to leave home without them asking me questions about my whereabouts?.

I thought of a way, to meet up with David.
To me, that was an opportunity I wasn't willing to let go so easily.

Since It's impossible to tell the truth,  the easiest way out was by lying.

I decided to tell my parents that  I was going for lessons, with my college friends, since the school wasn't on section and we had to revise our books for the new semester coming up.

I know I shouldn't have lied but they gave me no other option but to result in lying to them, and trust me, it hurts me more to lie to their faces.

"Okay honey" mom gave me her permission, as well as dad, which put on a fake smile on my face.

"Thank you " hastily I left for my room, I closed the door behind when I heard my reflection speaking to me.

"Liar liar Karina, ".
It says.

Those words drew a spare through my heart and it made me feel like the worst person on earth.

"Don't judge me" I walked to the mirror.

" I am not, remember we are one of the same people," it says to me with a grimace.

"I hope everything goes smoothly" I let out a deep breath which made my reflection chuckle out.

"Was that supposed to be funny?." I spoke to it, the same time I heard  my sister voice.

"Who are you talking to?".
She asked as she walks inside my bedroom.

I turned away from tht mirror and faced her.

"Sister, I didn't hear you come in," I nervously said..

"I am certain you didn't, you were busy arguing with yourself in the mirror"  she looked at me.
"Are you okay sis, you know you can talk to me,".
She says again.

I laughed.
It is crazy to find a sane person acting insane.

"I am fine sister, just being my usual self" I asserted back.

Dani looked at me for some seconds and said.

"Okay, but know we all love you and want the best for you, don't forget that"

I nodded as she leaves the room.

The day finally arrived  to meet David.
I left home pretending to head over to college for some lessons, however I ended up going elsewhere.
David wanted us to meet at a guest house...
It wasn't a popular guest house, and when I walked in and met a lady at the counter, she directed me to the lounge..

I walked in and from three days away , a guy waved at me...

"Karina!,".
He yelled..
Right then, I figured out it was David..

Whoa, he looked so cute both in his checker shirt and black trousers..

We talked for hours and got to know more about each other.
Hence, I forgot that time was far spent and my mom must be troubled about me.

"I have to go now," I said to him with a smile, he looks at the time in his watch.
"It's only four," he says and asked for more time with me.

I was a lot hesitant to accept.
However I ended up following my heart than my head.

"Fine, I'll stay a little longer,".
I said..

David smiles
"So tell me more about yourself"
He asks.

"What do you want to know,".
I answered back ..