Chapter 22: Ellen DeGeneres

Letty's P.O.V

"Please welcome Zayn Malik from One Direction and his fiancé, Perrie Edwards from Little Mix" Ellen DeGeneres introduced Zayn and Perrie as they emerged from back stage.

Ellen's set was made to resemble the one in America, only smaller, but big enough to still hold a audience. I stood with Vexi and Kyra backstage with Paul, One Direction's security guard, and a bunch of others, whom I haven't learnt the names of. I watched Zayn and Perrie greet Ellen from the wall of TV's that showed the set at different angles.

Perrie and Zayn were told that they were to talk for a few minutes by themselves, then Ellen would bring up the conversation about the newest additions to their family, then my sisters and I would join them on stage.

I'm extremely nervous. Not only are we meeting the one and only Ellen DeGeneres, but we were only minutes away from being introduced to the world as the adopted daughters of Zayn Malik and Perrie Edwards. I've read article about how 'hardcore' the fans are, especially the One Direction fans, and how much hate they've sent to the people associated with both bands. I'm scared that my sisters and I are going to receive such nasty comments or opinions and I don't think that three twelve year old girls, who have been orphans all their life and are trying to adapt to this major change, can deal with that sort of thing.

I keep fiddling with my figures, a nervous habit that all three of us possess, amongst other things. At least I'm not tapping my foot. Vexi gets irritated when people constantly tap, click or make weird sounds or loud sounds, like when someone's chewing with there mouth open.

"Would you stop it" Vexi whispers-yells at me, taking my hands in her own and squeezing them.

Apparently I can annoy her in more ways than one.

"Sorry" I mumble back and try to stop the fiddling once she released my hands.

I couldn't help it, I started fiddling again. This time both my sisters took a hand each and held onto it. I sighed in responce, trying to think of another way to distract myself. At that moment, I could hear the audience laugh and I turn my attention back to the screens.

"-It's very entertaining and Perrie has a dramatic flare that never seems to fail to amusing me" Zayn explains.

I don't know what he was talking about but it reminded me of Perrie this morning when she was putting in an accent and entertaining us, trying to easy our nerves. She ended up hitting her head on one of the open cupboard, which of course us girls cracked up to. She claimed in the end that she meant to do it.

The interview went on for another five minutes before Ellen asked 'the' question.

"Now, the reason you're here today is because you have some special news. Why don't you tell the audience and everyone at home about what's going on in your lives at the moment" she suggest, sitting back into her seat.

Perrie and Zayn looked at each other. A shy but happy smile crept onto their faces as they argued about who should say it. The audience laughed at them in the background.

"For the last couple of months, Perrie and I have been thinking about making an attention to our family. We're not married yet, but we decided we couldn't wait to start a family" Zayn explained.

Screaming from the audience was heard, as young fans started to get overwhelmed.

"Unfortunately, our careers at the moment makes it difficult to get pregnant and raise a baby together, so we decided to adopt" Perrie further explains, leaving the part about her inhospitable womb out of her explanation.

"Almost two weeks ago, we adopted twelve year old triplets" Zayn can't stop smiling at this point.

Screams are heard from the audience as everyone seems to go wild. Ellen congratulates Perrie and Zayn before asking for my sisters and I to come on stage.