Chapter 34: Thunder Storms in Mum's Bed

Kyra's P.O.V

The room would be pitch black for periods of time until the lighting stuck across the sky and create shadows in our room. The thunder would soon come with it's terrible roar and make a loud bang, pretty much making me jump out of my skin.

I never liked thunderstorms and never liked darkness either. It scared me, what could possibly be lurking in the shadows, although I know nothings there. Sometimes the sound of my heart beating in my ears made me think of footsteps and someone approaching. I pulled the covers up to my chin, shaking from fright. I really hated thunderstorms.

"Kyra?" I heard a whisper.

As I opened my mouth to respond, another bang blared across the sky and turned my stolen words into a whimper.

"Yeah?" I whispered back.

"You awake?" It sounded like Vexi.

"Yeah"

The suite we're staying in consists of three rooms; Perrie's room, the lounge/kitchen and our room. Three beds lined up against one wall, Letty near the window, Vexi in the middle and me on the far side. I shivered once again as the room lit up from the lighting that scattered across the sky.

"You scared?" Vex asked, turning over in her bed to face me.

"Yeah" I whimper.

"Me too"

I don't know what it is about thunderstorms, sometimes they were almost calming to watch, but most of the time they held a sense of doom. I released a shaky breath.

"Shhh" Letty hissed and she shuffled in her sheets. I heard her groan. "What time is it?"

"Almost two in the morning" I answer.

"Anyone fallen asleep yet?" Letty sat up in her bed and twisted her body to face us.

"Nope" Vex and I answer in unison.

"Do you think Perrie's asleep?" Vexi asked.

"Can we go check?" I whisper.

Even though Letty wouldn't admit it, she was scared of thunderstorms as well. She tries her best to hid it but she can't help but jump when the thunder booms. She can't lie to her sisters.

The lights flickered in our room, even though they were really dim. Suddenly we were in darkness. The power went out, even the alarm clock on the table between Vexi and I. The power would surely be back soon, but I didn't want to stay in my bed any longer.

"Yes" Letty threw the sheets off of her body and slipped out of bed.

Vexi followed and grabbed my arm in a reassuring manner, but I think in some way, she felt comforted by holding me. She never liked being alone, neither did Letty or I. I've always been afraid if dying alone or living alone. It's the long periods of time of being alone that freaks me out the most.

The door creaked the slightest bit as Letty opened it slowly. My heartbeat quickened as I remembered scenes from scary movies I wasn't suppose to watch but did anyway.

"You're hurting me" Vexi hissed in pain.

I realised my nails were digging into the back of her hand. I released with a sorrowful smile.

"Sorry" I bit my bottom lip.

It was quiet once more as we patted across the room to Perrie's door. The only sounds as was the heavy pour of rain that pounded against the window and our uneven breaths.

BANG. Another boom of thunder shook the room. Vexi squealed in fright and made my heart stop for a brief moment.

"Jesus, Vex" Letty cursed.

I pressed my hand over my heart and I tried to regain my steady breaths and my heartbeat.

"Sorry" Vexi whispered.

Vexi grasped into my hand once more as we stood in front of Perrie's door. Lightening ignited the room once again, longer than usual, before dimming it into a mix of black and blue. Letty turned the nob of Perrie's door slowly and pushed it open. It squeaked slightly.

Her room was dark also, with the outside frame of her window lit up when bolts of lightening stuck the sky. It was still the lightest part of the room even when the sky was only covered in dark, angry clouds.

Perrie sat up when she heard the door squeak. She squinted in the dim light and saw our three shadows at the door. I could make out the small smile that formed on her usually purple lips. Her golden blonde hair was messy and stuck out at weird angles, but ours are probably the same.

"You scared of storms?" She asked, her voice sounded hoarse with it being two in the morning.

Another aggressive bang travelled across the sky, once again shaking the walls. The three of us jumped in place, Vexi's hands now digging into the back of my hand. Perrie looked towards the window, then at her phone.

"Do you think Zayn would be jealous if we kept you warm tonight?" Vexi asked, not admitting how much she wanted to be comforted right now.

"Probably" Perrie smirked. I watched her lift back the covers and nodded her head towards the space she created. "Come on"

We crawled up the length of the bed towards her. She had, for some odd reason, about ten pillows on her bed so we grabbed one each, knowing we get quite greedy in the misty of sleep. Letty laid on Perrie's right side, Vexi on her left and I laid next to Vex.

I stared up at the shadows casted across the ceiling, trying to make picture with them. It was a jumble of crooked lines made from tree branches. Everyone's breathing went down to a normal rate and the thunder seemed to lessen or maybe it was that we didn't care anymore. We were in Perrie's safe hands.

"Perrie?" Vexi whispered and played with the sequence on Perrie's pyjama top.

"Yeah?" She whispered back softly, almost asleep.

"Can I ask you something?" Vex asked.

I turned my head to look at them and watched quietly as Perrie opened her bright blue eyes. Letty leaned up on her elbow to listen also. I had a feeling I knew where this was going.

"Anything, baby" Perrie encourages her.

"Well...we've been talking a lot lately and we wanted to know how you'd feel if we...um" Vexi trailed off.

"Started calling you mum" Letty finished for her.

Perrie looked at Letty, slightly shocked. Her head switched between the three of us, trying to determine whether we were serious or not. Her shocked expression slowly turned into a lopsided smile before her teeth were on full display in an absolutely, purely, happy grin.

"Are you kidding?" She squeals and jumps up on the bed. Perrie sat on her knees at the foot of the bed, waiting for some kind of responce.

"No. We just wanted to know how you'd feel about that" I explained.

"That would make me the happiest person in the universe. You don't know how long I've been waiting for this" she squealed.

It was like we didn't know what to do or say next. We just sort of sat or laid in place, smiling like complete idiots. It sort of made me wonder how Zayn would react if we started calling him dad, which should be soon.

"What now?" Vexi asked.

"Give me a hug" Perrie held out her arms. When we were safely in her arms, she rocked us from side to side, with most likely great difficulty. "I love you three so much" Perrie mumbled into Vexi's hair.

"We love you too, mum" I responded.

Nothing could ruin this or so I thought. Another bang of thunder boomed and made us jump once more. Our giggles turned into laughs and I don't even know what we were actually laughing at.