Chapter 30: First Birthday

Online Article

THE MALIK TRIPLET'S THIRTEENTH BIRTHDAY

'Happy Birthday to the Malik Triplets. Today, Leticia, Vexi and Kyra turned thirteen but their adoptive parents, Zayn Malik from One Direction and Perrie Edwards from Little Mix, are referring to it as their first birthday.

The triplets were adopted by the young couple in April and two months later, they're celebrating their first ever birthday with their new parents.

Malik and Edwards have become quite the topic in the media lately and haven't been shy when asked questions about their newest additions.

"We're just really excited to have met them and to become such important people in their lives. It's amazing how well we've bonded and I never knew how much thrill a mother could get for being blessed with daughters" Edwards says in an interview with band members.

Malik has also shown his excitement by posting a lot more photo's and frequently tweeting about his girls. Directioners are really excited to see a more active Malik on social media.

Aside from that, some Directioners are furious with the adoption and sending hate to both new parents.

The bands and their families have hit back hard telling those fans that it's disgusting that they don't support their idols and even worse that they could say such horrid things about their newest additions. Even Simon Cowell was disappointed and stood up for the Malik girls. Good on him!

The couple have shared various pictures, including ones of their daughters rooms (designed by Malik), family photos at the park, the girls asleep on couches and the five of them cuddled up in one bed. Aren't they adorable?

Family of the Little Mix and One Direction stars have been quite vocal on sharing their opinions of the girls.

Zayn Malik's mum tweeted '@zaynmalik @PerrieLittleMix so proud of you two - I'm seriously lost for words!!! Can believe you were blessed with three, beautiful girls. I couldn't be anymore prouder if they were your own. Take care of my grand babies'

Edwards brother, Jonnie tweeted the triplets a special message for their birthday also. '@PerrieLittleMix tell my nieces to have a perfect day and you and Zayn better be spoiling them. What am I saying, of course you are (insert eye roll) ;) haha. Can wait for tonight, love Uncle Jonnie xx'

Edwards little sister, whom hasn't met the triplets yet, also tweeted something for the so called Malik Family. ' Congratulation to @zaynmalik and @PerrieLittleMix on there two month anniversary of becoming a family! And for celebrating their first ever birthday as a family. It's the beginning of a lot of firsts. So happy for you Big Sis and I seriously can't wait to meet them tonight. Love you xxxxx'

The family of five spent the day celebrating by becoming tourist in their home country. Perrie and Zayn took their daughters all around London, showing them Big Ben, Hyde Park, Tower Bridge and the London Eyer.

Letty, Vex and Ky sure aren't shy when it comes to cameras. Malik posted several pictures of his daughters today, all filled with glowing smiles and excitement all round.

The triplets were even welcomed to Twitter this morning as Mama Edwards signed them up. The girls share a joint account under the address @TheMalikTriplet, so go and follow them immediately.

They had a pretty full on day and apparently a big night to come. The famous couple aren't treating their girls to anything less than amazing. They rented out an entire park and have organised a extravagant tent lit with fairy lights and with a huge dance floor and not to mention stage for the event. We really can't wait to see photos.

Best of luck to the Malik Family and we're certain excited for the incoming wedding of Zayn Malik and Perrie Edwards. Hopefully Mixers and Directions are granted a few more details as both bands go on tour in the upcoming weeks'.

*****

Letty's P.O.V

Perrie had bought us beautiful dresses - she really likes to spoil us. They're the exact same design only mine's a baby blue, Vexi's a lilac purple and Kyra's a soft pink. They're tight fitted on the torso but loosing as they pleat and stop just over our knees.

So many people were here and the tent looked amazing with the lighting, white tables and just a crowded atmosphere. I'd meet even more people tonight, including Perrie's dad and her step sister Caitlin.

I watched from the corner of the tent, my sisters dancing. Vexi was trying to teach Niall how to dance without looking like he was a drunken idiot - it wasn't working, whilst Ky opted for dancing with Eleanor and Danielle. It was great to see them having so much fun.

"Why aren't you out there?" I heard Zayn's thick Bradford accent.

"I dance about as good as you" I turned towards him.

"I'm a great dancer" he pointed his finger at me teasingly.

"Yeah, you are. Are you forgetting I watched your videos from the X-Factor days?" I teased.

"Hey, that was years ago" he defended. "I'll prove it to ya" he grabbed my hand and pulled me into the dance floor.

I couldn't help but throw back my head and laugh hysterically as I watched him. He looked so uncomfortable and the movement didn't flow how it's suppose to.

"Oh god, make him stop" Harry groaned from somewhere behind me.

*****

"It's a sign, you know" Perrie told Zayn.

At some point during the night, in his challenge to prove he could dance, Zayn hurt his hip. He's sat down now, on one of the chairs that surround one of the few tables placed around the tent. He groaned in pain and Perrie just laughed at the entire situation.

"What's the sign?" He groaned again.

"That you should stick to singing" she patted his back.

"Way to be sympathetic, Pez" he spat.

"I'm sorry, baby" she cooed but winked at Louis and I without him seeing.

It was almost one in the morning and I was tired, especially after last night. I looked around and it was now the time when everyone was either drunk or getting ready to give up. I saw Niall approaching, carrying a sleeping Vexi in his arms. Her head rested on his shoulder, her legs on either side of his hip whilst he held her up by her thighs.

"She crashed about twenty minutes ago" Niall informs us and hoists her up a little more.

"So, you've just been carrying her around for twenty minutes?" Eleanor clarified.

"I like the attention I get. There was a lot of aw's and comments about how much of a gentleman I am" he shrugged.

"You wanna do another lap around the room?" I suggest, teasingly.

Niall poked his tongue out at me. Beyond him, I saw Harry and Cassandra walking behind a very tired Kyra. She looked like she was about to trip at any moment and Harry had his hands out ready.

"You tired too?" Perrie asked.

"I'm afraid I'm gonna fall on my face" she replies.

Just as she said it, she tripped over her own foot and stumbled the slightest bit. Harry was quick to steady her, pulling her against his chest and holding her firmly. She closed her eyes for long periods of time and yawned once or twice in the space of two minutes.

"I think it's time to go home" Zayn declares.

"Why because our girls are tired or you've hurt yourself?" Perrie smirked down at him.

"Too much dancing, Zaynie?" Harry cooed at him.

"Shut up. We're going home" Zayn gets up and groans immediately after.

I covered my mouth with my hand and giggled. Ky giggled with her eyes closed also.

"Don't swear" we said in unison, something he's said a lot in the previous months.