Torment

Kandice's POV

I slowly let my eyes flutter open. I groaned as I was temporarily blinded. My senses slowly started to kick back in and I realized that I wasn't alone. I jumped up, or well I tried, but I couldn't move. I opened my eyes again and could see that there were no chains or anything holding me down. I looked up only to be greeted by metal bars. I didn't know what was going on or how I got here. I looked over to the side and there were more metal bars only these had other people behind them. They were all werewolves. They looked extremely tired and battered. I looked over to my other side and there were more people.

I have to get out of here.

"Hi."

I turned toward the sound of the voice. There was a little girl sitting in one of the cells across the hall from me. "H- hi."

My throat was dry and I could barely keep my eyes open. The little girl was small. She was so thin I could see her ribs. Her clothes were dirty and torn and her feet were bruised, dirty, and swollen. She was leaning on the wall and her hair was so dirty, I couldn't tell if it was brown or blonde. But her eyes shined like an ocean storm. They were an intense grey and if she wasn't so dirty she'd be very cute. She looked to be about 9 or 10.

"What's your name?" The little girl asked.

"Kandice," I responded. "What's yours?"

"Rachel."

"Well, Rachel." I started, "How long have you been here?"

Rachel opened her mouth to speak, but was interrupted. "Every since she was an infant."

I jumped and turned to the familar voice. "Salem?"

Salem smiled, "Hi there."

What was he doing outside my cell? "What are you doing? You have to get me out of here."

"Sorry, but I can't do that." He replied. "I'm the one who helped get you in there."

"What?" What was he saying? How could he have helped get me in here? How did he even know about werewolves?

"Yea, I was the one who got you away from Jaxon." Salem smiled, "You know, I actually liked you, before you and Jaxon got together. I mean, was I not making it obvious? But you didn't care, all you wanted was to be with him, when I was the one comforting you all those weeks after you rejected him."

"Salem, I'm sorry. I didn't know you liked me, I'm naive, but please? Don't do this." I begged, "Let me out." All I could think about right now was getting my baby away from here. I had to get home.

"I don't think my dad would like that." Salem replied.

Dad? He was getting help from his dad? They're not hunters or anything, are they? "Your dad? Why does he want me?"

"Because, you're a white wolf, like every one else in here, but you're the most powerful one we've come across yet." Salem explained to my confused stare.

"How did you even find out where the white wolves were?" I asked.

"The Pierce White Diamond."

"You have it?" I asked. Salem nodded. "And it lead you to all the white wolves?"

"Yes, all we had to do was put it on a map. It took us forever to figure that out." Salem said, chuckling.

All these things were reeling in my mind. The necklace, wolves, Salem, his dad, Jaxon, the baby, the pack, Kaleb.

I sat up or well I tried. "Your strength should be back any minute now."

"Where's my brother?" I asked.