Found

Kandice's POV

My eyes flickered to the stairs as I heard three set of feet trotting down them. As they came into the light, I caught sight of who they were. It was Salem, Drake, and Kaleb. I paid no attention to Salem nor Drake as they walked toward my cell, I could care less that they were there. All I cared about was my little brother finally being in the same room as me, where I could actually see him instead of imaging him there.

Kaleb looked pretty much the same. He was a little taller and his little black afro was now unruly. His big brown eyes were nearly covered by his hair and his clothes were filthy. There were dirt smudges all over his face and arms and he didn't have any shoes on. His feet were black with dirt and he was wheezing, like he had been crying.

"Kaleb." I rushed to the bars of the cell, towards him and fell to my knees. "Hey, K-man."

Kaleb sniffled. "H-hi."

"Why are are you crying?" I asked wanting to reach out and wipe away his tears.

"Be- cause I'm happy to see y- you." He said, rubbing his eye with his fist.

I laughed holding in my own tears of joy. " I'm happy to see you too bud. How you been? Did they hurt you?"

"No, but I was scared when I couldn't find you. They're mean." He whined.

"I know baby, but I'm gonna get you out of here. I-"

"Alright don't get the boys hopes up." Drake cut me off as Salem stepped in front of Kaleb, completely blocking him from my sight.

I growled. They were seriously scratching at my last nerve. "I want my brother now." My voice was low and deadly. Salem's eye twitched.

"Bring the necklace!" He yelled as I felt my eyes burn silver and my canines enlarge. My strength grew as my body started to shake and burn.

A man ran into the room with a large jewelry case in his hands and handed it to Drake. Drake took a necklace out of the case and immediately I could feel my strength falter. He took out some keys and opened the cell. He smiled as he grabbed my arm slightly wincing at the extreme heat and clamped the necklace around my neck. He pushed me to the ground as my body slowly came back to normal. I whimpered as I felt something break off into my skin. I sat up and growled, pulling the piece of glass out of my arm. I hadn't noticed before, but there was glass pretty much everywhere.

"Come here, Kaleb." Drake said. Kaleb slowly made his way from behind Salem. He frowned when he saw me down on the ground and stopped walking. "Now!" Drake yelled and Salem pushed Kaleb toward us, nearly knocking him to the ground. I growled angrily. I was seriously going to kill him, no matter how much I didn't want anybody to get hurt. Drake grabbed Kaleb and held him. "Kandice, honey. Since you're new here and you don't know the rules, I'm going to let that slide. But if it happens again, you'll be watching your little brother here die a slow and painful death just like your parents did. Are we clear?"

I glared and nodded weakly wanting nothing more than to rip him from limb to limb. I wanted to make him suffer, just like he did to my parents, to my pack. I wanted to slaughter him, all of them. I wanted them to pay for killing my family and for hurting so many others, they didn't deserve to walk on the same earth as everyone else or to breathe our air.

Drake smiled and pushed Kaleb to the ground next to me then silently walked out of the cell. I growled, wanting to pound his face in. He couldn't touch my brother like that, no one could. I pulled Kaleb over to me and cradled him in my arms as they left the room.

"Kaleb, are you okay?" I asked. He nodded. "I'm gonna get us outta here, okay?"

"No," Kaleb whispered, shaking his head. "Last time Drake cut a man fingers off for leaving. I don't want you finger cut off. It's nasty."