Getting Started

We had just arrived in Nevada all the way from Minnesota at the airport. There were people everywhere bumping into one another, talking on their phones in raised voices, and stepping over one another, but I block them all out as the social worker and I walk over to the conveyor belt to get my bag and then go in search of my new guardians. I really didn't want to be here, but I didn't want to roam around in the wild like a rogue and get killed either. I cringed at the word rogue because of what they did to my parents. It's hard for a girl who just turned into a wolf on her 16th birthday to lose her parents. No one really saw it coming it was a sneak attack.

I stopped myself from thinking about it so I wouldn't start crying all over again. The family I am going to are werewolves too and they were friends of my parents but I had never met them.

I feel so empty without my family and I don't even know where my own little brother is. My brother's name is Kaleb and he got lost during the attack. I looked everywhere for him, but never found him. I hope he's okay and nothing happened to him. I hope he's not alone, a 5 year old can't take care of himself and I'm not there to do it for him. It hurt me to know that he could also be dead and I would have no one left in this world but myself. I would never get used to a world without my family by my side, pushing me in the right direction and to be the best I could. I didn't know if any of my friends got away or if they all died. My father was the Beta of our pack so that put my ratings up in the pack which got me a lot of friends.

The new family I was going to had three kids. Two sons one 14, one 17, and a 3 year old daughter. I know it's going to be hard without my family here with me and it made me want to break down and cry in the middle of the airport and scream at God to bring them back or take me too but I knew that would be no good. I hate how I took them for granted and now they're gone. My parents were the greatest people you could ever meet. They were always kind to everyone and always helping people out. They always pushed me to be the best I could at everything and to never give up. I would give anything to be able to go back to that day and tell them goodbye and how much I love them.

"Kandice." The social worker said calling me back to reality. "Here are your bags and there's Susan and Bill." She said pointing at two people smiling happily at us.

I walk over to them with all my bags in tow. The man, Bill, was tall with broad shoulders and looked really buff. He had short brown hair and light blue eyes. He looked like a scary person and the smile only made him look creepier. Susan looked a lot nicer. She was shorter than Bill with shoulder length dirty blonde hair and green eyes. She didn't look creepy like Bill but they are both gorgeous, of course it's a werewolf trait.

"Hey Kandice. I'm Susan and this is my husband, Bill." Susan said her smile getting bigger, if that's even possible, it looked like it would crack.

I laughed lightly at her, "It's nice to meet you both." I may be depressed but I love to joke around, it's something my mom loved about me. She always said I could lighten the mood of even the heaviest situations with just a smile.

"Here let me get those for you." Bill said taking my bags out of my hands.

Susan smiled, "Come on, lets get you home. I want to show you your new room."

"Susan, we have to talk to the social worker first, then we can take her home." Bill said.

"Yes. Well lets get started." Susan said.

I drown them out as they talk. Thinking of how my new life was gonna be here. I'll act the way I always do. The funny class clown, straight A student I've always been just like my parents liked. Make new friends and stay away from boys since that never seems to work out right anyways. Boys are always pigs, they never care how they hurt girls with the things they do. And girls are stupid enough to fall for their tricks. Unforturnately, I was one of those stupid girls, but it won't happen again especially to an alpha. They're the worst of all, the most possessive, over protective people you could ever fall for. I should know because it happened but it won't again. Anyways no drugs, of course and try my best to get along with this new pack.