A New Beginning (Continued)

Brandon's Point Of View

I walk away from Nikki's house with a ridiculously huge smile on my face. I pinch myself to make absolutely sure I'm not dreaming. Today had to be one of the BEST days of my life.

I guess Miss Know It All was right. Sort of. Not only did I confess to my crush, but she said yes to being my girlfriend. And we kissed! I wonder what we'll do now.

I start thinking about our future with nervous anticipation as I reach my house. I stop for a minute as I pass a small store near us. I decided to stop by and pick up some drinks, since were running out, and I had some money on me.

I walked inside and nabbed a basket. I started walking through the aisles. I grabbed a few water and some milk while I walked. I keep walking (slightly spaced out) and end up crashing into someone. We both fall to the ground, dropping whatever we were holding.

I murmur a small sorry and get up. I look at who I hit and was really surprised.

Brandon: "Mackenzie? What are you doing here?"

Mackenzie: "Grabbing some stuff for my mom. Ugh. What are YOU doing here Brandon?" She slurs my name as she twirls her hair between her fingers.

I roll my eyes.

Brandon: "Grabbing some drinks. At least, I was...."

Mackenzie smiles, trying to hypnotize me again.

Mackenzie: "Whatch you been doing all day?"

Brandon: "Seeing my girlfriend."

Okay, first of all, the look on Mackenzie's face was priceless. You should have seen it. Second of all, she's been hitting on me for years, and I'm actually really surprised she hasn't seen this coming.

Mackenzie looked at me with the most shocked look on her face and finally leans closer to me.

Mackenzie: "How much did she pay you?"

I just look at her, disgusted.

Brandon: "For your information, she didn't pay me a dime. Now get away from me. Oh, and while your here, go buy some breath mints, your breath stinks!"

Mackenzie: "But Brandon, you can do-"

I walk away before Mackenzie can say another word. I grab the drinks, check them out, and quickly head back to my house. I walk in and my grandmother seems to notice how angry I am, but she just smiles and pats me on the back.

Betty: "The bad days will always get better."

I look up at her and sigh.

Brandon: "Thanks."

Betty: "Your welcome. Come on, dinners ready."

I follow her into the dining room and try to forget Mackenzie.