chapter 13

Anastasia's POV:

"Well, that went well." Harry smiles looking over at me. I nod in response. Dinner with his family was lovely, especially Hannah. She was so sweet and after dinner we went upstairs and played with her dolls. At times like those, I wish I had a younger sister.

"So how's the company?" I ask, breaking the silence.

"Well..." He ponders, "As you know Mr. Davis and I are still trying to put together the project of selling off the building and due to Layla's and yours presentation, Greenwood's company is going to buy it. However, we still have to sign the papers over."

"Thank you Harry," I respond, "Do you and our company basically do the same thing?"

"Yeah, I guess you could say that. We both buy buildings out and sell them to smaller companies but my company is much more successful because we also do stock work. And, if you haven't noticed, stocks are at an all time high and we are making bank." He says proudly. (This convo is dedicated to @Laurentmcadams bcs she asked for this info lol. thanks for commenting girly.)

Laughing I say, "No, I haven't. Stocks are not on my hobby list."

He laughs along with me, "Really? I'm surprised Anastasia. Your personality would tell me otherwise." His voice hints at being sarcastic.

"Well then what kind of vibe do you get from my personality?" I ask.

"Vibe? Interesting word choice and to answer your question you are very happy, like all the damn time, and you are sometimes sophisticated-"

"Sometimes?" I laugh.

"Yes, sometimes. Other times you can be a bit of a dork," He smiles, "I bet you were a party girl in high school."

"A dork and a party girl? Hmm interesting combination."

"Well, you are interesting."

"That I can agree with; however, Mr. Styles I was not a party girl in high school."

"You mean you didn't stay up till 5am, drunk while dancing on the table?" He gasps falsely.

"Harry!" I laugh.

"I'm only kidding my love, but I could see you doing that."

"What were you like in high school?" I question.

"I was.. I partied but I was also very dedicated to my studies" He answers honestly, "I used to stay up till 11pm doing homework, then I would go out with my mates till the sun rose. We had a good time. I would tell you about the girls but I don't want to upset you." He smirks.

Laughing I say, "You wouldn't upset me, it's not like we are together and plus they were in your past."

His face goes emotionless for a split second but then it turns back to a small smile, "I suppose you are right, but none of them were in any way special to talk about." He shrugs.

"Not one?"

"No, not really. I didn't date in high school. Just hooked up."

"Have you ever been in love?" I ask out of the blue.

His eyes seem to peer off deeper into the road as the words slip from my mouth but he answers anyways, "Yes, but only once."

"You seem upset. I shouldn't have-"

"No, it's okay. I don't mind you asking."

"Oh, okay." I reply.

"Would you like to hear the story?"