chapter 29

early update because summer yay!

hey guys,
quick note, please read and comment your thoughts.
so i've decided to enter pleasure me styles in the watty awards.

(eeeeeeeeppppp!!)

anyways, it would mean so much to me if you guys shared my book and voted and commented like crazy! that way wattpad will be more likely to check it out!
either way, thank you all so much for reading, enjoy.

•|•|•|•|•|•|•

Anastasia's POV:

After a short meeting with Mr. Davis, I return back to my office. Layla is on her lunch so I am alone, listening to soft music and going over papers. I hear my cell phone ring from my bag. Leaning over, I take my phone out and the press answer.

"Hello, this is Anastasia Carter."

"Hi honey! It's your mummy!" My mothers voice rings excitedly through the phone.

"Mom, hi. I haven't heard from you in forever. How are you?" I ask, setting down my pen.

"Good. Just checking up. Do you still work in the same office at Davis'?" I scrunch my eyebrows in confusion.

"Ugh, yes. Why?"

"Because...."

She ends the phone call and my office door bursts open. My mom and dad smile standing in the doorway.

"Hi baby girl!" My parents say, quickly rushing over and hugging me.

"Mom? Dad? Hi! What are you doing here?" I jump up from my seat and hug each of them tightly. Kissing them on the cheek I pull away and smile.

"We wanted to surprise you. We've missed you much." My mom explains.

"Well you have definitely surprised me." I laugh.

"Good! So what's new? How's work?" My dad asks, looking around the room in approval.

"It's great. You can have a seat." I say, motioning to the sofa. They both sit down and I go to my desk chair.

"That's wonderful. We are so proud of you."

"Thank you. How long are you in town?" I question.

"Only for the weekend. Your father has to get back to work and I have some volunteer work to finish up at the church. What about you? I know we came in such a surprise but we were hoping you could spend some time with us?" My mom beams with excitement.

Oh crap! I have dinner with Harry's family tonight.

"Well, yes we can but I'm busy tonight." I say, mumbling out the last part.

"Oh, that's okay honey. What are you doing?"

I clear my throat, "I'm having dinner with my boyfriend and his family."

"Boyfriend?"

"Oh! That Harry lad!"

My parents speak at the same time. I remember mentioning him to my mother but apparently she didn't tell my dad.

"Yeah, we are going to an Italian restaurant." I say nervously.

"Since when did you get a boyfriend Ana?" My dad questions, eyebrows raised.

"Umm about six months ago." I reply, hoping he doesn't get mad.

"And you were planning on telling me...?" His voice trails off towards the end.