chapter 3

Anastasia's POV:

"W-What did you just say?" I was only able to stutter that out due to being taken aback.

"You heard me Miss. Carter." He growled. While buttoning up his shirt, he walked over to his desk and sat back down in his chair, leaving me breathless next to the wall.

As he began zipping his pants and putting back on his belt, I could feel myself staring. Obviously, Mr. Styles could too because when I looked up he was smirking at me.

"I should go." I quickly said, grabbing my purse.

Abruptly, he stood up. "No, we have a project to finish."

"I'll tell Mr. Davis to have someone else take my place. And if he doesn't listen I'll quit." I stated.

"What? No. Why? Miss. Carter-"

"I'm not a whore Mr. Styles. I have no idea what has come over me, but I will not be another one of your lady friends or whatever you call them. This was strictly supposed to be a business relationship bu-"

"You're not a whore." He mumbled.

"You cut me off. I was talking and honestly I don't care what you think."

"You cut me off first." He fired back.

Well, he had me there.

Standing silently, he took the chance to continue speaking, "Miss. Carter, you obviously have your own thought about me, and apparently your mother didn't teach you not to judge, but as a professional business man, normally I would never...interact in such a way with partners."

I scoffed at his attempt to make himself sound like a good man.

"Whatever, I know people like you and I want no part in it. Goodbye now."

"Wait! What do you mean you know people like me?" He asked.

Gulping, I turned towards the door and began walking away.

Mr. Styles follow behind and said, "Ex-boyfriend?"

Stopping, I turned around and stared, "What?"

"You said you knew people like me. So which asshole of a business man in your life made you assume I was like him?"

"No one." I turned back to the door and went to pull the handle when Mr. Styles gently pulled me to face him.

"Which is it? Ex-boyfriend? Ex- best friend? Daddy? Ex-" He stopped and smirked, "Daddy problems, ey?" He must have noticed my change in poker face. Quickly, I tried to deny it.

"No, I have no Dadd-"

"I mean, not me daddy, but your father, love." He pushed the hair out of my face. Blushing, I looked away.

"What? No I don't have daddy problems. And what the hell are you talking about? You daddy?"

"Yes, me daddy. That's what I want to you call me. Now, tell me about your father and what makes you believe I am anything like him."

Taken aback, I stared at his serious face, "I will do no such thing."

"Call me daddy? Or talk about your father?"

"Both." I simply answered.

He chuckled lightly and pulled me into his chest. "Oh, Miss. Carter I could make you feel so good. I'm not like any other man you've met. I can assure you that."

"Well I can assure you that we will never speak to each other again. I'm leaving now." I said harshly.

He rolled his eyes and opened the door for me. I looked at him with question. Just a second ago he wanted me to stay and now? Scoffing, I walked out of the door and back towards the elevator.