Dreaming of Demon World

I smiled when I walked into the house. Life seemed to be falling into place. I was still having nightmares or glimpses of the future and my Spirit Energy was still trying to be controlled, but on the plus side, Mother was home. Not only was she home, but she had left Kisuki as well. Shuichi and I agreed not to let Mother know about what happened at school. We didn't want her to get sick again.

It was suspicious how well life was going, but I tried to not care. I knew what the future held, and there wasn't going to be any problems for a while besides more of Mr. Kokki's cruelty.

My training with Shuichi increased every day and every night until he jokingly got me a crystal ball, which became essential to my power. With the glass Orb, Shuichi was able to see what I could see. Not long after that did we find out that I could see through his eyes, something I found out while cheating on a test. After buying a crystal necklace, we found out I was able to focus my thoughts and Spirit Energy rather easily. Shuichi, being the pushy and experimental person he was, helped me find a way to remove my consciousness from my body and have it find him. That only worked with the crystal ball.

Seeing into the future got boring. I had saved a few people from dying, but that was about it. But, it was part of Shuichi's training. Finally, one day while I was in the kitchen, something interesting happened.

"Shuichi, we're going to have an invasion," I told him once he finally got out of bed.

He made no acknowledgement of my excitement as he poured himself a cup of coffee and sat at the table. "Where is Mother?"

"She left early with Kazuya. He doesn't believe in supernatural things, but Mother made him play along, so I told him the weather. He didn't believe me when I told him he wouldn't need the umbrella, so he gets to carry that all day."

Shuichi and I were thrilled when we heard she left Kisuki, and even happier when we met Kazuya. Finally, she had a decent man, one that, so far, hadn't and wouldn't abuse her.

"You said an invasion?" He asked, now that his mind was a bit clearer. "Of what?"

"Bugs, I think," I answered as I focused on the Orb so he could see what I had seen.

"They are called Makai insects. The insects of Demon World aren't uncommon, so why are these special?" He asked curiously.

"They can possess people. I watched one crawl into some guy's ear, then he punched a lady straight in the face."

He stared at the ball thoughtfully, "I wonder if Spirit World is going to get involved."

I shrugged, "It's too early to say."

"Do you know how long we have?"

"Two or three days, maybe?" I guessed.

Before training, I knew things were coming months in advance, but now I could tell more precise and accurate accounts of what would be happening within a few days. It wasn't ideal, but it was slowly expanding to a week. A few days of preparation was better than the bombshell of suddenly having to deal with these bugs that could possess people.

I frowned as I looked back at the Orb, standing to get a better look, "Looks like Botan is going to make a visit soon."

"She's coming here?"

I watched a bit longer, trying to hear what was happening. That was something I hadn't quite mastered yet. There had to be a way to hear what was happening.

"She has something to offer you. A...new...beginning. A portal opens and the two of you step in and it seals up." I looked at my brother, "What does that mean?"