Questionable Intentions

"After seven counts, Yusuke returns to the ring!" Koto announced.

If Yusuke and Hiei had continued talking, I believed Yusuke would suffer the same loss Kuwabara had in his fight against Rinku.

"With the way this fight is going, Yusuke won't have the energy for the last fight," Shuichi said nervously.

I folded my arms behind my head, "Yeah, this fight was definitely rigged against you."

"Will we win, Pippa?"

"Not if they don't hurry up," I said as I looked at his wounds. "So when you planted the garden, did you mix your blood in the soil?"

He was not amused by the question while I simply smiled and looked back at the arena. The fight was very one sided, Yusuke doing his best to land a hit and Jin successfully hitting Yusuke somehow.

Jin created two tornados, one for each arm, and Yusuke took a new stance. It was strange, with multiple openings and not much defense. Still, Yusuke's Spirit Energy was growing, leaving little doubt that this attack would be the deciding blow between the two rambunctious fighters. I moved to my feet, staying crouched by my brother in case another explosion happened.

Jin dove, flying straight at Yusuke who was almost glowing with Spirit Energy. He kept himself on his feet, grabbing Jin's fist before the tornado punch could hit him. With ease, he was able to cancel out the tornado, pushing one of Jin's fists away. He struggled a bit with the second fist, roughly pushing it away to cancel out that tornado as well. Yusuke dumped all of his Spirit Energy into a kick, sending Jin out of the arena and into the crowd.

"I don't think Yusuke can take another fight," I admitted as I watched the teen try to catch his breath and remain standing.

"We can only hope the leader of Team Masho is truly the weakest of them all," Shuichi agreed.

The Hiruseki stone burned my skin, bringing my attention to the surrounding area. Standing, I looked behind me as though I would be able to see Yukina through the arena wall.

"Is something wrong?" Shuichi asked.

"I'm not sure," I admitted, grasping the Hiruseki stone. Looking at him, I felt a wave of responsibility wash over me, "Yukina's here."

He blinked a few times before smiling, "Take care, Pippa. Protect her."

I nodded, running off to the nearby tunnel in hopes of getting lost enough to find my way outside. Many dead ends and a few dead demons, I found myself back in the arena, finding Keiko, Yukina, Shizuru, and Botan watching Kuwabara fight with the last of his energy.

"She's my girlfriend!" Kuwabara yelled, using his spirit sword to sling a man covered in mud armor into the stadium.

It was sheer determination and luck that Kuwabara managed to survive the fight to get healed by Yukina. Everyone had gone their own way, Shuichi, Hiei, the Masked Fighter, and me heading back to the hotel.

I sighed as I collapsed on the couch, resting my head on Shuichi's shoulder, "How are you?"

"Better. The Death Plant is almost completely gone," he answered weakly. "My Spirit Energy is still locked away."

I shifted on the couch, crossing my legs as I faced him and placed my hands on his face. It took a few minutes for me to find even a glimmer of his Spirit Energy, but when I found it, I kept my Spirit Energy attached to it. Gama's power was wrapped tightly around Shuichi's Spirit Energy.

Visualizing the energy as a rope, I managed to pry my Spirit Energy into the group, unfurling Gama's energy. I could sense Shuichi's Demon Energy clinging onto what little I had to offer, and with a strong pulse, Gama's energy was destroyed.