Ren'ai Weed

I chewed on my thumb as I tapped my pencil on the desk. How could I write a report on this?

This man Jason Taylor was an American bootlegger in the 1920s. He was well known in the southern states for his moonshine, until one day he disappeared. He said he was checking his distillery when a hole opened up and pulled him through.

He wasn't comfortable with the world, a place where a red sky was covered with black clouds and endless lightning. No sun or moon. The water was poisonous and the plants tried to eat him. Yet, somehow he managed to find a small village called Iece. He described these demons as looking like Shamanic masks. He said they dressed in hanfus, and all had six toes on their right feet. They were masters in healing and medicines. In turn, he showed them how to turn those medicines into alcohol and managed to create something so legendarily intoxicating, Ogre Killer.

I thought that had just been a brand name.

The book also explained another interesting detail. In that village were some animal demons. Animal demons could control plants, and he made a small plant dictionary at the end of the book. The plants and their effects seemed familiar. Most sounded like extreme versions of Venus fly traps.

"Still working on the report?" Shuichi asked as he stepped into the classroom.

"Yeah. This guy was a psycho. I think this is some weird fiction that got mixed in with the autobiographies. I mean, you can't turn into a demon. They don't even exist."

He chuckled, "You've never been one to turn down such an open idea. Tell me, Pippa, do you believe in demons?"

Did I?

I tapped my pencil on the desk mulling over the question. He leaned against his desk, folding his arms over his chest, "I do."

I frowned. Did he really or was he trying to help me be more secure in my questionable beliefs?

"I...I think so," I finally answered. "And it's not because of this book. I," I chewed on my lip, "I think I met one."

"Oh? When?" He asked curiously.

"In a dream," I replied as I started packing my things. "I mean, demons have different abilities. This guy didn't talk about mind control, but they're demons. It can't not be possible, right?"

"Just because someone is in your dream doesn't make them a demon."

"I know," I huffed. "I don't not believe in them. It's just, this guy. Those demons said humans can't survive Demon World. Was he even human?"

He blinked a couple of times, "You believe his story, but you don't believe he was human?"

"I don't know what to believe."

We left the classroom, pausing for a second when we heard the principal's door open. We shared a look as Eiko stepped out, holding her bag in front of her, blushing and smiling as she told him good night.

Her blush faded as she paled when she noticed us standing on the other side of the door. Principal Kokki stepped out of his office, smiling at us. There was no doubt he was attractive. He had a strong face, thick brown hair and a growing beard. Most of the time, he work a suit jacket, though at the moment, the jacket was missing, showing the pale blue button up, his sleeves rolled up to his elbows.

He was attractive, and just from his age and charisma, I knew he probably did have the right words to say, especially since he knew Eiko so personally.

"Good evening, Shuichi, Pippa," he greeted. After a curious look, he asked the question on both his and Eiko's minds, "What are you two still doing here?"